Bitchy friends

jesssika

Mummy to Charlotte
Reaction score
I was a bridesmaid in a close friends wedding, which is the day before my 18th birthday. She is pregnant, so they're getting married as that's the way she wants to do things. So my OH told her OH that I was pregnant because they work together then her OH went home and told her that I was pregnant and she messages me saying I can't be her bridesmaid anymore.

Is it bad that I cried for an hour over this? I don't understand why she would say that, that hurt my feelings :nope: I though if any thing she of all people would understand but nope.. I'm so hurt I don't even know what to do! We were so close and I justs don't get it... :cry:

In my opinion that is just mean of your friend - did she give a reason why you can't be her bridesmaid anymore? And I would have cried too!

In my opinion that is just mean of your friend - did she give a reason why you can't be her bridesmaid anymore? And I would have cried too!

She literally said because I'm pregnant :( how hurtful!

But..shes pregnant? Does she think youll steal her thunder or something? How beyond rude and ridiculous, and Id let her know that as well! Sadly pregnancy will show you who your friends are!.:hugs:

:O I cannot believe that! I would have cried too - lots! It's horrible that somebody who considers you a good enough friend to ask you to be their bridesmade, would drop you upon discovering you are pregnant. Sounds to me like she is acting like a spoilt child who doesn't want you to steal her thunder!

Are you still invited to the wedding? And are you planning on going if you are?

Personally I'd just ask her outright exactly why your pregnancy means you're no longer a bridesmaid as I'd be wanting answers if I was you.

Try not to worry though. Pregnancy does show you who your real friends are I'm afraid. Sorry you are going through this. And sorry if my post seems a bit blunt but I'm annoyed for you! x

Wow excuse me but what a hypocrite.
You definatley don't need someone like thay in your life hun.
I agree with everyone else, she probably just thinks you're gonna steal her shine.
After the wedding abd once everything calms down, she'll probably try beibg all friendly again, make sure you tell her to piss off!

YUP! All I can say is jealousy- and jealousy can really do a number on a friendship- especially between two pregnant ladies. I'm really sorry, though! That's totally shitty of her and you shouldn't let it work you up too bad- she's being really rude and you don't deserve that.

But..shes pregnant? Does she think youll steal her thunder or something? How beyond rude and ridiculous, and Id let her know that as well! Sadly pregnancy will show you who your friends are!.:hugs:

That is exactly what I said! I was like "but you're pregnant, I will not even be showing yet and no one will know!" But nope :nope: :hugs:

:O I cannot believe that! I would have cried too - lots! It's horrible that somebody who considers you a good enough friend to ask you to be their bridesmade, would drop you upon discovering you are pregnant. Sounds to me like she is acting like a spoilt child who doesn't want you to steal her thunder!

Are you still invited to the wedding? And are you planning on going if you are?

Personally I'd just ask her outright exactly why your pregnancy means you're no longer a bridesmaid as I'd be wanting answers if I was you.

Try not to worry though. Pregnancy does show you who your real friends are I'm afraid. Sorry you are going through this. And sorry if my post seems a bit blunt but I'm annoyed for you! x

No I appreciate it! And yeah I'm still invited but I'm not sure if I wanna go if she feels that way, I'd feel so awkward and out of place :(
THANKYOU <3

Wow excuse me but what a hypocrite.
You definatley don't need someone like thay in your life hun.
I agree with everyone else, she probably just thinks you're gonna steal her shine.
After the wedding abd once everything calms down, she'll probably try beibg all friendly again, make sure you tell her to piss off!

Definitely! She was all "aw we can have play dates! Next thig I know "you can't be my bridesmaid anymore" :(
Thankyou <3

YUP! All I can say is jealousy- and jealousy can really do a number on a friendship- especially between two pregnant ladies. I'm really sorry, though! That's totally shitty of her and you shouldn't let it work you up too bad- she's being really rude and you don't deserve that.

Thank you <3 I'm trying :flower:

Let us know how things go if you speak to her :) Maybe she will calm down and realise she's being out of order, I hope she does. How far away is the wedding? Don't waste your money on a nice gift :p! X

Let us know how things go if you speak to her :) Maybe she will calm down and realise she's being out of order, I hope she does. How far away is the wedding? Don't waste your money on a nice gift :p! X

Well she messaged me on Facebook saying she forgot to give her OH my money to give to me (she doesn't leave her house... Like ever) and if she does I don't think I could be her bridesmaid again! And May 25th :) :haha: oh you cheeky! I won't :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->