Biting. Help!

Penny83

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
Can any breastfeeding mums help? My son is 8 months old, has had his 2 bottom teeth since nov & has recently started biting! He bits any body part he can get, but more of an issue is my nipple!!! It's been sore the past couple of days as he bit it & he's just bitten the same spot again & it's now bleeding!

What can I do to stop him? I've tried taking it away when he bites, stopping when I know he starts to get figety etc, which has helped but he's still managed to get a chomp in!

Also what can I do for my poor nipple in the mean time? I've been using lanolin stuff & gritting my teeth for now, but now it's proper sore & don't know if I'll be able to put him back on that side!

I don't really want to stop feeding right now because he's started waking in the night again & needs milk to send him back to sleep & don't want to faff around with bottles at 3 or 4am, as boob so easy!

I don't think there is an easy way to stop the biting. Just keep taking him off the breast when he bites, and watch for signs that he is getting ready to bite.

The good news is, it doesn't last. It will stop eventually, I just hope for you that it is soon!

As for the injured nipple, I had that too and it was so painful!! For me, I had to give that nipple a few days rest from lo to let it heal. I used a breast pump during those days (not often... maybe once or twice a day. I may have lost some supply on that side, but once lo was nursing on that side again, it was fine). The pump didn't hurt my injured nipple and lo seemed to be satisfied with the other side only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->