Biting

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
Valerie only has two bottom teeth, but recently she has started to use them for biting. My husband and I can't leave our feet hanging on the floor from our sofa's or chairs because she crawls up and bites them! This is outrageous! She really doesn't bite anywhere else, just when she sees our feet on the floor. Isn't this a little early for biting? For all you other mom's who have biters, what did you do to get them to stop?

I have a biter he started about 8-9 months but lately when he does it as hes becoming more aware of things when he bites me i put him down on the floor and i stand up so he knows its not nice if you get me? good luck hun i started this about 10 months x

I have a biter he started about 8-9 months but lately when he does it as hes becoming more aware of things when he bites me i put him down on the floor and i stand up so he knows its not nice if you get me? good luck hun i started this about 10 months x

Yes, I get what you are saying. I'm going to start trying that....thanks for the idea!

I have a biter too , the computer chair , Carlys leather armchair anything in her path will be bit to shreads. Im not sure what to do other then look at her really cross and say no.

Try it hun it works as soon as he bites me a look at him say NO firmly and put him down on the floor were getting somewhere slowly because it makes them realise its wrong and not nice as they dont like to be put on the floor and you turn away from them they soon grasp it x

My son is 6 months old and is also a biter. His bottom 2 teeth are in already. He loves to chomp on fingers and after he bit me very hard, I firmly said no and put him down next to me and then ignored him. He kept grabbing at my arm, but I ignored him for a few more minutes. Whenever he tried to bite me, I did the same thing and he is now slowly getting the message not to bite me...Now he tried to bite the dog. And she lets him...UGH

Riley is a biter to!! he loves to bite the sofas my feet hands anything he can get his teeth into

Tom is still biting. It's awful, he mostly bites Charlotte when she annoys him. Usually when she climbs in his cot :roll: but he has occasionally bitten a friends LO. I'm terrified he'll bite someone else.

Thankfully we are just starting to use the naughty spot and I'm planning on using that to stop. The angry face and "no" just doesn't cut it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->