Blaaahherrrgh. Hi.

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hello ladies! Was here two cycles ago but that ended up a chemical. I hope you guys don't mind the intrusion but I'm not able to test for another half a week or so but here's the deal, I think I actually am again and it might have something to do with the fact that my SO ejaculated in me when I ovulated and I've been cramping ever since :haha: I cramped with my son's pregnancy basically from conception up until what was it, like 9 or 11 weeks pregnant? So I'm feeling a bit like I don't belong in the TWW because I had my period on the 10th, it lasted only 3 days, we had sex every day but he ejaculated in me on the 11th, and we were under the impression that it is impossible to get pregnant while menstruating but that apparently isn't exactly the case - that, or possibly more likely, he came a little in me on many of the other occasions around when I ovulated since he sometimes has a hard time pulling out on time :haha: However it happened, I'm pretty certain it happened, because I actually started cramping on the 18th and haven't stopped since and it feels like the early pregnancy / implanation / embryo burrowing / uterus expanding cramping I had all those early weeks of my pregnancy with my son. I also had SUPER sense of smell ("pregnancy nose") with that pregnancy and it has returned. I'm so f-ing tired too. So anyway... my cycles had been weird as I was weaning off breastfeeding and I don't expect my period (well, ever again for the next long while, but just going by when it would have come) until the 10th or 12th of Sept, so I'm thinking I can't test until like the 5th to 7th of Sept, right? THAT'S FOREEEEEVVVEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR! But because I've been cramping since the 18th and it's now the 2nd going on the 3rd, and I've only ever had very slight like one day very mild ovulation pain and usually only cramp like a day or two at most before I get my period, I know this cramping is something else and it just seems like I'm no longer in the TWW and instead I'm in a strange no-man's land where I have to wait and wait and wait :wacko: I think I'm just going to go sleep. :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: Haha. Love you ladies, thanks for reading this ranty post.

Wait... So you ovulated on aug 11? You should def be able to pick up a + by now if that's the case...

Wait... So you ovulated on aug 11? You should def be able to pick up a + by now if that's the case...

Somewhere around there. Actually how long does it take before the fertilized egg travels from the Fallopian tubes and implants in the uterus... Five? Six? If I started feeling implantation cramping on the 18th, would that mean I ovulated on the 12th? I don't actually chart or temp, but it had to be somewhere around there. So how many DPO can you test? I was going by five/six days before missed period but I have longer than average cycles.

On average implantation occurs between 6 and 10 days past ovulation. It can happen as late as 12. I have a 35 day cycle. I ovulated on cycle day 17 (Aug 13). I am sure I implanted 6DPO (CD 24) But it wasn't until cycle day 30 (13 DPO) that I got a faint positive. I saw something on a test 10DPO but it was so faint that it floated in and out and I saw nothing the next 2 days. 14 DPO it was a bit darker.

So, if you ovulated on Aug 11 and you caught the egg in time then you should see a positive right now.

Are you sure you ovulated on the 11th? If you started your cycle on the 10th then that would make CD 2 for you. While it's not unheard of it's extremely rare.

I ovulated on the 18th and got my BFP last Thursday (9 DPO, 6 days before period). If you're feeling symptoms that strongly a test should pick something up now.

I ovulated/conceived 8/13 and got my bfp 8/23. Good luck!

Agreed. You should definitely test as you're well in the clear for it to pick up stuff by now. It's the 3rd of Sept, if you O'd on the 11th of August, you're golden for testing for sure.

Hey Skywalker.
Do you remember me from our last pregnancies lol
If i got magically pregnant this time and last time without my hubby ejaculating in me :blush: then I'd say you have a good chance for a bfp lol

Hey Skywalker.
Do you remember me from our last pregnancies lol
If i got magically pregnant this time and last time without my hubby ejaculating in me :blush: then I'd say you have a good chance for a bfp lol

I do remember! Hi sweetie ! Congrats!!! I just took a Clearblue and it was a bfn 😥 I don't know if that means I'm not, or it's just too early, or Clearblue sucks, but maybe I do belong in he tww still? I have no idea when I ovulated, only that since getting my period back my cycles have been 34-36 days long. It's so hard not to feel discouraged by a bfn but I do. I just have no other explanation for these continuous cramps, only time I've ever had them before, I was pregnant. My SO is all excited and we've been treating me like I'm pregnant in the meantime just in case but I will feel so foolish and angry for letting him down if I turn out not to be, but then there's this little voice that reminds me it might just have been too early bc I have no idea when I ovulated.

All I know is all of our bd is unprotected and we make love just about every day, and I started cramping like pre-period cramps on the 18th and they haven't stopped since (though hey can come and go) the 18th started twenty-four to twenty-six days before my next expected period which could have been disregarded as ovulation pain, except it's kept on going for 17 days and I still have 8 days until my expected period. I don't even know 😥 not a great feeling getting a bfn when I was so positive I'd get a bfp!

ClearBlue gave me a false negative with DD; can you maybe try a First Response? :)

ClearBlue gave me a false negative with DD; can you maybe try a First Response? :)

I've heard that about Clearblue. I'll get First Response next but also heard the new ones are giving tons of false positives/evap lines, etc., so I'll probably go full crazy and buy about ten different brands lol. Just out of curiosity Kitteh, how did you find out you were pregnant with DD and how early did you test with Clearblue?

The first part of your cycle can vary in length a great deal, but once you ovulate, approximately 14 days later you will get your period (if not pregnant) and this part of the cycle does not vary by more than a day or two. so if you think you ovulated on the 11th, you'd be a week late already. You can test again with a different type of test to see if the cb was a false neg. Perhaps you ovulated later though, as is normal for you, and it's too early. With a 35ish day cycle, you typically can expect to ovulate around CD 21.

I've heard that about Clearblue. I'll get First Response next but also heard the new ones are giving tons of false positives/evap lines, etc., so I'll probably go full crazy and buy about ten different brands lol. Just out of curiosity Kitteh, how did you find out you were pregnant with DD and how early did you test with Clearblue?

My nipples were super sore for like a week, so I tested with a FRER and a ClearBlue at 9 DPO - FRER gave me the BFP while the CB was negative. This time around I didn't even bother with CB and just stuck with FRERs. :haha:

I used several boxes of FRERs and didn't have any issues with the lines. :flower:

Attachments

• progression.png
    progression.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 14

I am going to have to disagree with MichCuc. I have an 18 day luteal phase. I ovulate on day 17 and my cycle is 35 days long. I didn't get my first positive until 13DPO and it was light.

So if your cd1 was Aug 10 then you would be on cycle day 25 right now. If you O'd on the same cd as me (for comparison purposes) then you would have O'd only a week ago. Still too early to pick up a positive. If you O'd with a 14 day luteal phase you only O'd 4 days ago. Again, too early. You likely need at least another week or two.
Now, it's not unheard of to feel nearly everything. I had symptoms 3DPO and I knew I was pregnant.

An 18 day luteal phase is very uncommon. Everyone is different which is why I said approximately and generally, but the norm is closer to 14 days. If you know your body and your cycle, that's the best help when trying to conceive. Personally, I have a 12/13 day luteal phase, and knowing that I feel helped me conceive.

I should have been following my cycles more closely but honestly it's been a little haywire since getting my period back after birth/breastfeeding and I kind of feel like my cycle is anyone's guess. It's definitely not the clockwork 28-30 day cycle that most women (according to lots of websites) seem to have! I haven't tracked my ovulation and I don't even know really what a luteal phase is... I wish I did because it would make it a lot easier for all of us to know what's going on :haha: I'm so like... grrrrr. I wish I could just test every single day because I have no idea if I should or shouldn't be testing positive by now, or in a few weeks, or what. :kiss: Argh.

I would say that your best best is to treat Aug 10 like CD 1. Assume you have the longer end of a cycle, like me, of 35 days. Today is CD25 then. You may pick something up in 5 days but the best idea is to wait another 10 or 11 days. Then you know that if af hasn't come again by then that you are in fact late and are ok to test.

I was on a site that calculates your implantation doubling rate. you enter in your info (as much as you know) and it calculates approx when and how much your hcg would be. And it gives numbers for various days of implantation. I did yours and assuming you start at 1 hcg, double every 48 hours, have a 14 day Luteal phase and implanted on 6DPO, you wouldn't see a positive frer until Sept 14. (your hcg would be at 16). It was accurate for me. It said on the day I got my betas that it would be at 16 and they were 17. and I got a decent positive on a FRER that day. i put the link below so you can play with it. Change the luteal phase and see where the numbers put you.

https://whenmybaby.com/implantation-doubling-calculator.php

Sorry about the bfn. I don't think clear blue are as sensitive as first response. Ive never got bfp in the tww with any of my pregnancies.

I would say that your best best is to treat Aug 10 like CD 1. Assume you have the longer end of a cycle, like me, of 35 days. Today is CD25 then. You may pick something up in 5 days but the best idea is to wait another 10 or 11 days. Then you know that if af hasn't come again by then that you are in fact late and are ok to test.

I was on a site that calculates your implantation doubling rate. you enter in your info (as much as you know) and it calculates approx when and how much your hcg would be. And it gives numbers for various days of implantation. I did yours and assuming you start at 1 hcg, double every 48 hours, have a 14 day Luteal phase and implanted on 6DPO, you wouldn't see a positive frer until Sept 14. (your hcg would be at 16). It was accurate for me. It said on the day I got my betas that it would be at 16 and they were 17. and I got a decent positive on a FRER that day. i put the link below so you can play with it. Change the luteal phase and see where the numbers put you.

https://whenmybaby.com/implantation-doubling-calculator.php

Wow, this is awesome! Brilliant! I don't know how I will keep myself sane as I am not generally patient lol, I guess just remind myself how bad it felt to get a bfn. Of everything I read about cycle length and likely dates of ovulation this seems to ring the most true for me, as I know that I don't have anything close to a "normal" length cycle right now so a lot of other time frames don't apply to me. Thanks SO much for taking the time to do this! 💜💜💜

And Misscalis, thank you for that! I remember before I got the BFP with my son, the time you and I were in here together, I was so sure that my period was coming because of all the cramping that I actually was able to resist testing until I was three weeks late for my period and even when I tested I felt foolish bc I was still cramping but when I did the line came up positive before I could even put the test down! For all I know, I won't show up during the two either.

For now, I'm treating myself like I'm pregnant. My bladder is, too... Making me get up a few times a night to pee and during the day I'm peeing so much I'm getting chaffed from wiping LOL. So I feel like I am, and we'll just have to wait for the tests to catch up. Thanks ladies for all your responses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->