Black Mould and pregnancy

Furniture's our biggest problem too. It's impossible to get sufficient air circulation behind a wardrobe. Our solid walls are a real pain.

I sometimes wonder what our landlord has actually done to make this place rentable!

The damp in the lounge is on the walls and is brown so I am guessing this is the damp proof course that has gone. When we went to look around this place there was furniture all along these walls conveniently.

Can a property actually be rented out in that condition or is it something we just have to live with?

Hopefully with the dehumidifier it will help dry out the walls and then OH is going to get some damp course for the walls to see if it helps. Its just annoying though. I want to move. lol. x

Well i actually think it is a breach of contract as the mould could cause illnesses so its classed as not livable but look into it and you have to proof the mould is that bad.
Also your landlord should be doing the damp course as its not your house your just renting, Maybe get someone out to damp test the whole house and write a report on it so you can give to your landlord.
Ive said before luckily my parents are my landlord so they have done all this when we need it done not when they can be bothered. Just keep at your landlord and do your bit of keeping the condensation out and mould off walls as then your landlord wont have anything to complain about
xx

It depends on the cause. If the cause is structural (rising damp or leaking gutters etc) then it's the landlord's responsibility. If it's caused by condensation then the tenant is responsible through their actions and might then be liable for anhy repair/decorating costs required. I agree with tas' tips for condensation, best you try everything! You might be able to trace the damp up the wal in which case it is rising damp so you should ask your landlord to get it sorted.

I feel like an expert on mould and damp lol we have been living with it for nearly 3 yrs. Cant wait for summer so its goes x

Us too. We've had 8 years of properties with damp issues. Unfortunately we have too much stuff to be able to really remedy the problem!

Its horrible and i always feel dirty when i see mould (abit of a clean freak) but it cant be helped in these old houses, i dont think i could have a new build not much space xx

I'm pretty sure its rising damp because it is brown and from the floor, and the floor is damp too. There is some damp on the top of the walls too, I guess that is guttering?

Its pretty much in every room apart from the kitchen and nursery (thankfully)

I can't wait for summer! I do feel like I am living in a shed! x

Get someone out to assess where the damp is coming from and if its in the building then get your landlord told and get then make them sort it xx

That's ok! Hope u get it sorted x

Good luck, hope it is structural so your landlord has to sort it out!

I much prefer old houses, damp or not. I agree, new places are pokey!

I would never fit my junk in a new house,I would have to get a 5-6 bedroom just to fit it all in lol! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->