Blackpool illuminations

lau86

Reaction score
This is a bit of a stupid question, I remember going as a young child and remember it being lots and lots of lights that you drive along? Is that right?
I'd like to take LO, I tried a google but it was just saying about the different types of lights!
What is the best time to go? We live about an hour and a half away. It wouldn't be a problem If it was a bit later as Lo could just sleep in the car.
Are there any other things to do there in winter?
Thanks!

Yeah you just drive through the lights :) just follow them lol (they're down pretty much every street too) most people just go down the promenade though.
There's usually people selling flashing things for the kiddies. All the chippies are open and a load of places that do candyfloss and doughnuts. The arcades are open too :)

Edit: I'd set off when it starts getting a bit dark. Traffic dies down around 9 usually though. (OH told me to say it can be very boring but hes just a grump - I love it :D)

Enjoy! X

I thought they switched them off after bonfire night? I could be wrong but they definitely finish soon if it hasn't already.

We went last year and walked down part of them. I remember them as a kid and DH had never been. Lo was too young to care, and honestly, altho it was nice, my memories were way better!!

Eta - I think my boy would like it a lot now so sure yours would enjoy it :)

Mrs butterfly you have just reminded me, I plan next year to walk down the bit at the end where they have the scenery lit up along the seafront. (The Thomas the tank engine scenes etc) we drove through this year, that's the only decent bit really, but we had to keep moving in the car when I wanted to look at that bit longer.

I haven't been to these since I was 6 and remember them being really good but all my friends that have been this year say they are rubbish so it's kinda put me off going. Were about 45 mins away down the motorway and I get really anxious on motorways so I don't think we will be going. May go next year though when LO is a bit older.

I thought they switched them off after bonfire night? I could be wrong but they definitely finish soon if it hasn't already.

They finish Sunday :) x

Oh no, that puts paid to that idea then. Why so soon?

:shrug: They always do, probably too expensive to keep on til xmas time. Weird that they're Christmas lights that aren't on for Christmas :haha: shame you wont be going! :( x

I wouldn't go out of my way to see the illuminations, i mean if I was going to blackpool or nearby anyway then yes. But I wouldn't make a special trip just for that, they really aren't all that.

Our kids love illuminations. You can walk up the promenade and get a tram back, play on some of the arcades and then drive through the lights afterwards.

I do think that they are off now though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->