Bleaching my hair?

pinkpolkadot

Reaction score
Hi all! DH has decided to get a new trendy haircut which has inspired me to think about getting one to match (I am really not a fan of going to the hairdressers but I can't do the back myself haha!)

I also like the idea of having a go of the ombre look (like dip dyed) with some bleach, but is it safe to bleach (it won't be going near my scalp, just on the bottom half) or shall I hold off the colour until after?

Cheers

I was always told to not dye your hair until after the frist trimester.

I had mine highlighted with bleach when i was six weeks pregnant, my hair dresser said it was fine.

I was worried about this with my first pregnancy but my hairdresser said highlights were fine because the bleach dosen't actually go directly onto the scalp. I had my hair done probably about 6-7 times during my pregnancy and my DD was fine! I am having my hair done tomorrow night and can't wait my roots are really bad even thought I only had it done like 6 weeks ago, think that has something to do with being pregnant!

The midwife said it was fine to dye your hair as long as it was well ventilated! :)

my sisters hair went green when she dyed it while pregnant, she then had a green hint until the birth :/ it may be fine, but be aware your hair can act differently while pregnant.

Im waiting till Im out of the first tri just to be sure, then Im having blonde highlights. However one of my reasons is my hairdresser knows alot of people I do and I want to have my scan first before people other than family know! Think Im going to fit the cliche of getting a radical haircut when pregnant - going from long brown hair to blonde short choppy layered bob !

I had mine done all through my first pregnancy and will do the same with this one xx

personally i wouldnt risk it... there is NO proof it doesnt harm your un born baby...which is enough for me to hold off another 6.5 months... as dying your hair isnt really an essential at the end of the day is it? but each to there own...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->