Bleeding 13 weeks :(

justplay91

Mama to Kai and Zoe!
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm 13 weeks today and late last night I started spotting, first brown then bright red. I hadn't had intercourse or anything. So far it's been a healthy pregnancy with no bleeding whatsoever. Baby was measuring great at my 9.5 week scan, and definitely still has a very strong heartbeat (I have a Doppler and have checked twice since the bleeding). I didn't have any bleeding at all in my last pregnancy except a tiny bit of pink spotting when I'd wipe after intercourse. This I'd definitely different. I'm going to call my doctor's office when they open in a little over an hour. Do you think they'll want to see me? I'm so nervous something is wrong. :(

O no, I'm sorry .. any bleeding is unnerving .. hopefully all is well , keep us updated!!!

Maybe it's just that the placenta is taking over and your hormones are dropping a bit and it's just residual ?? I've heard a lot of everything being fine.. great you have a dipper and heard heart beat!!

Thanks pinkpassion. Yeah, that's what I'm hoping it is. I'm so glad I have the Doppler, too. If I didn't I would be running around in circles, freaking out.

Sorry to hear your bleeding. My mw likes all bleeding to be looked into.maybe just give the Epau a call. Sure all is fine. It's a great sign you can hear LO heartbeat. Hope everything is ok xx

Hang in there and have faith. I would definitely be in touch with your doctor or midwife and just let them know what's happening, but more than likely everything is fine. I had the same at 10 weeks. Literally, I was in the shower and I looked down and there was just this gush of blood. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. I sat down and cried because I was sure it was a bad sign. It continued bright red for about 20 minutes and then was brown spotting for the next couple days. I called my midwife and she brought me in for a scan the next day and all was fine. My daughter is now a happy, healthy 2 year old. They have no idea what might have caused the bleeding, but my cervix was closed and there was no sign of anything that might have caused in on the scan. I had a totally normal healthy pregnancy without any other bleeding episodes. Sometimes these things just happen. They're scary at the time, but usually not a sign that anything is wrong. So definitely get it checked out, but be reassured at the same time that it's probably nothing.

Thanks, gemstone. As far as I know, we don't really have an early pregnancy unit over here in the US. Though we should, because the ER hates to deal with pregnant women and pretty much dismisses them no matter what. I'll be calling my doc soon.
MindUtopia, I'm so glad everything turned out okay for you. That's so weird that they never figured out what it was. Your positive outcome makes me feel better.
Thanks for your kind words, ladies. I'm just over here not-so-patiently waiting for my doctor's office to open...

Well the phones are down at my doc's office, so I can't get ahold of anyone. Luckily the bleeding has stopped for now. I'd still like to go in and have everything checked out if they get their phones working today. If not, then I'll have to wait all weekend, and that's really going to stress me out. :nope:

I could probably go to the ER but OH doesn't really think it's that serious of a problem. He's probably right, but I'd just like to set my mind at ease. Men don't understand...

I have had a few bleeding episodes due a subchorionic hematoma, and its so very stressful, I'm so sorry you're going through this! My doctor would always bring me in the same day for a scan. Is your doctor connected to a certain hospital or other clinics in the area? If so, you could call the hospital or other clinics and they could probably access your records and maybe help you. I hope you get some peace of mind soon, but I'm sure baby is fine!!! Sending you :hugs:

I had bleeding with my son around that time that completely freaked me out.. I am in the US as well and I ran to the ER, they told me it is mandatory for them if there is any bleeding to do a scan to check and make sure everything is okay.. Everything was perfect but I couldn't help myself but to run down there and make sure. Red is just not the color you want to see when you're pregnant.

Great sign about the heartbeat though! Thinking of you and I hope you get in to see somebody to put your mind at ease... no, men don't understand these things

Thanks, Poco. I don't know what I would do without this site and all of you lovely ladies. Luckily they got the phone issue fixed and they want me in for an ultrasound in an hour. I'm so nervous. I know baby is alive in there with a strong HB, but I'm still afraid of what they're going to tell me. The plus side is the nurse said the doctor wasn't very worried, but just wanted to check just to make sure. I'll update when I get out.

MyFavSurprise, that's great that the ER checked you. The one near us is terrible and notorious for turning people away and telling them to just call a doctor. They'd probably help me, but I'm glad my own doctor is able to fit me in!
No, red is definitely NOT a color we want to see... It just makes everything feel wrong...
Thanks for making me feel better. Hearing positive stories really does help!

Good luck for your appointment.. I hope all is well!!!!

Okay, so... Whew! Baby is fine and dandy. Growing well, getting good blood flow from the placenta, and dancing and kicking all over the place. They didn't find any evidence of placenta previa (might be too early) and didn't see any area of hemorrhage in there. So they couldn't tell where any of the bleeding was coming from. She couldn't see anything but a bit of (TMI) old brownish cervical mucus by my cervix. Mostly she was positive, putting me on a lenient sort of bedrest for a few days. I know it could still go either way really, but it sounds like things are looking good right now.

That is great news, I am sure everything will be fine!!

Wonderful news!! I'm sure all will be well!!!

Thanks ladies! I'm using it as an excuse to get some much needed rest while hubby takes care of our little boy! :haha:

Great news! And good plan, I know I can't get enough rest these days..and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->