Bleeding 7 weeks

ellielouise

Reaction score
Hello

I am out of my mind with worry.
I am 7 weeks pregnant after 2 losses in a row, my 3rd pregnancy in 5 months. I was immediately put on progesterone suppositories and baby aspirin from 3.5 weeks. I was given 2 early scans, first at 5 weeks showed a sac with yolk, second at 6 weeks showed baby with a heart rate of 120.
I have an area of blood as big as the sac to the right of the gestational sac, they told me this will either absorb or come out as a vaginal bleed.
EPU discharged me and made an appt for my 12 week scan in January.
2 days after hearing heartbeat, I started bleeding. Pink smears on tissue. My Husband took me to hospital, the emergency dept refused to examine me/do bloods and as it was a Sunday I couldn't have a scan.
I called EPU and they refused to scan me until Friday, I told them I couldn't wait 5 days to know what was going on so I have a scan at a private clinic booked for 4pm today. I am not in pain, blood is pink/red, no clots. The EPU didn't advise me whether the haemorrhage near my sac would be a heavy bleed/light spotting and when I spoke to them yesterday she said she wouldn't be able to say how much blood there would be.
I am not filling a sanitary towel, I only change it every few hours for hygiene reasons but if I left it I think I'd need to change it every 24 hours.
I have no idea what to think, I don't want to miscarry again. I am beside myself and can't wait until my scan to know whether I am coming or going. Has anyone had moderate bleeding like this for a few days and it be okay? I've been trying to read up on the pool of blood near gestational sac but get mixed answers with varying amounts of blood. I just can't do this again
We had sex the night before I started bleeding, I'm worried I've caused myself a miscarriage by opening my cervix or something. Xx

:hugs: I think the fact they have already spotted a bleed and given you the heads up to expect it is a good sign. I can understand why you are worried but honestly I think you will be fine. Good luck for the scan, will look for an update.

:hugs:

I wouldn't worry too much since they told you to expect it. Also sex during pregnancy can't open your cervix. However your cervix has a lot of increased blood flow and can cause some bleeding after sex.

praying its just the bleeding that they expected and nothing to do with baby. please keep us updated!

I would say that is a large haematoma you have when you say it compares to the gestational sac. That being said I am not surprised you had a more substantial bleed. No clots is always a good sign. Keep positive.

Hi everyone just wanted to give an update, baby is fine and has grown a millimetre a day since Friday! Heartbeat fine. My bleed next to the sac has disappeared so that's what must have come out. Thanks everyone xx

So happy for you! What a relief to see the baby doing well and the bleed gone. I'm sorry you had such a stressful time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->