• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleeding after Birth

goldlion

Mommy
Reaction score
Hey ladies. Was just wondering... how long do you bleed after you give birth? My mum was telling me it's like an extra-long period, I'm hoping she was just saying that because I was boasting about not having my period anymore. :rofl:

So? Typically, how long do we bleed afterwards?

It varies, I bled for about 3-4weeks, I don't remember exactly but it was loooong lol :wacko:

i bleed alot after Coby but it didnt last long, think i was ok by about 3 - 4 weeks

On Charlie and Ethan i know it was around the 6 week mark

x

lol why?

It depends on the person, everyone is diffrent there is no way of telling :)

x

3-4 weeks, omg and here I was thinking it was just a matter of days. Goodness I'm really in for a surprise...

Oh yeah, its great (not)!!! you go 9 months without one and then you have a really nice long one!!! To be quite honest though you'll be that pre-occupied with your little bundle that you will problies not take much notice of it!!

The first week for me was the worst, I had to use those massive pads that cover front to back and no matter how thick they were I would always leak onto my underwear. I think out of everything the bleeding afterward is the worst part :blush:

HOW LONG!!!!!

Owww that doesnt sound very nice at all.... :(

:cry:

xx

The first week for me was the worst, I had to use those massive pads that cover front to back and no matter how thick they were I would always leak onto my underwear. I think out of everything the bleeding afterward is the worst part :blush:

I know what you mean!! i had to use twwo pads at a time one to soak and the other to keep it as close to me as possible to catch everything.
Thank god for disposable Undies!! :blush:
The first week was deffo the worst - ever time i moved i could feel it coming out .

I have PCOS so I've bled for 6 months straight (so heavy I had to get out of school for a few weeks) had 2 days off, then another 6 months straight. The bleeding after pregnancy doesn't bother me too much. 6 weeks would be a breeze! Course...I usually use tampons...I hate the squishy, icky, leaky feeling from pads...ick.

I have PCOS so I've bled for 6 months straight (so heavy I had to get out of school for a few weeks) had 2 days off, then another 6 months straight. The bleeding after pregnancy doesn't bother me too much. 6 weeks would be a breeze! Course...I usually use tampons...I hate the squishy, icky, leaky feeling from pads...ick.

How long! I feel bad for whinging at the thought of 6 weeks :dohh:

xx

I bled for 9 weeks, it would almost stop then start up again. I got so used to wearing those dang pads that once the bleeding stopped and I didn't have to wear one anymore I felt naked LOL! :wacko:

I bled for 9 weeks, it would almost stop then start up again. I got so used to wearing those dang pads that once the bleeding stopped and I didn't have to wear one anymore I felt naked LOL! :wacko:

9 weeks! Oh my goodness, poor you. You certainly made up for the 9 months of nothing, didn't you LOL :rofl:

At least I know now to stock up on pads before hand... I won't be running around town looking for them at the last minute. I really don't miss those things!

Yeah it sucked! Hopefully this time it won't be so long! But the hospital sends you home with some pads (or basically you should take the ones in your room- you paid for them anyway). Then the bleeding will slow down over so many days. Like someone said earlier, you're so busy with your new baby that you really don't notice it much!

Ugh...do you have to use pads the whole time????? I can't stand those things!:wacko:

Oh boy the joys of being a woman LOL! Guess I will be stocked up on super duper pads and disposable undies!!!

Yes, you have to use pads. No tampons until your first actual period. Which means you have to wait until the bleeding stops, then next time you can use a tampon. The reason is, when your body is expelling the excess tissue and blood from pregnancy, using a tampon can cause infection, because it's holding everything up in there until you change it each time. So sorry! No tampons! I know it sounds horrible, but even when I bled for 9 weeks, it wasn't so bad.

:dohh: I didn't expect it to be so long!

well, when OH and me went to boots to check out the disposable undies and asked the sales assistant where to find them, he looked at as like we are coming from moon and asked: for whom???

:dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

I didn't leak onto my clothes or knickers at all, although I was completely paranoid that I was going to the whole time.

I bled heavily for the first few weeks, and bright red. Then it decreased and was quite easy to cope with (like a normal period kind of flow, if not less). In total I bled for about 6 weeks, then im pretty sure I had my period straight after. It's horrible, but it passes and to be honest you're usually too uncomfortable down there and busy with the baby to care about a bit of blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->