Bleeding after birth

Maria1234

Reaction score
So it's been just over a week since I had my little boy and just wanted to know how long this bleeding is going to last for, also why does the flow seem to tapper off but the get heavy again if I'm on my feet for too long! I know it's my bodies way of saying you need to relax but that's very difficult with a 3yr old and a new baby!! Anyone else having or had the same problem?

Mine lasted 2 weeks but I know it can vary from person to person. I too started to bleed more heavily if I overdid things, try and take it easy if you can though I don't have a 3yo so probably easier said than done! Xx

Mine lasted a little over 6 weeks and my doctor said that was perfectly normal. She also told me that the bleeding would increase if I started to overdo it, and she was right.

I was starting to worry coz am bleeding like a period and am over 3 weeks pp! With my last baby it stopped after a week or 2. This time, I stopped ish after a week and has now come back even heavier xx

Mine was heavy for 2 weeks and then brownish/light for another 2 weeks after that, so 4 weeks altogether. It will increase if you're on your feet a lot, but it's not harmful if you have no other option (as long as you aren't passing any clots) or bleeding through a pad every hour. Just take in easy when you can. It's normal for it to last up to 6 weeks.

Hey ladies I had my baby girl feb 8, 2013 of course I start PP bleeding from then till a few days before my 5 week check up on March 13 2013. I started my BC that day and by the next day I had started again! This time it lasted from march 14th- April 4th and I decided to stop taking the BC cause of that reason. Then however I started back once again on April 25-April 30!!! Now I have started once again a few days ago (may 14) and am still going!! How long is this gonna take to regulate!? I'm so tired of it and it seems I've been doing this every since I gave birth by c-section!!! Anyone have this problem for over 3 months??

5 weeks... and then guess what, 6 days later I got my period.... sucked

With my first it lasted 6 weeks so i am really hoping thats not the case with this one.. its been 8 days and so far it doesnt seem like its going to stop any time soon.. Sometimes its heavy and other times its almost non exsistant.. depends on what im doing and how busy i am i supposed, i also have a 2.5 year old.

Mine lasted about six weeks. But the last week was very light. It sucked!

Both times I've bled for about 6 weeks, although this time I had a period a few days after lochia stopped, so it felt like I was bleeding nearly none stop for 8 weeks. No fun.

With my first I was sat down a lot and it lasted 7 weeks.. with baby number 2 I had a toddler to run around after and it lasted 3 weeks did exactly as you explained when I was on my feet for a while xx

I bled for 6 wks then 2 days later got my period!!! Not fair at all!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->