Bleeding after caesarean...

Coco14

Reaction score
I had my daughter 3 weeks ago and still bleeding, not too much but sometimes getting little clots come out. I was just wondering if that's normal?!

Yep, I think I bled until about 6 weeks or so? A pain, but perfectly normal :) if worried, check with you GP especially if it changes colour and/or gets stinky...

When I had my son 3 years ago I started normal labor and pushed for 3 hrs. When he didn't come out they did a c section. I bleed until the day before my 6 weeks check up!

ive nearly got to 3wk, it did stop but started again as heavy as it was to begin with :(

I had my baby 15 days ago, I bled for 5 days.... Yesterday I had a very sudden big blood loss so took a trip to hospital... Turns out I have an infection...
So if your concerned see your midwife or GP :)

I bled till 2 weeks then stopped, then started with red blood again which tailed off and now at 4 weeks 1 day there is no blood at the moment.

Good to know, thanks everyone. I was checked for an infection and swab came back normal.

I bled for about 8 weeks. I think as long as you aren't passing big clots you're ok x

I bled on and off for 8 weeks, if I was more active the bleeding increased

I'm 4 weeks exactly after section and bleeding is light. I was bleeding red a lot first week, then tailored to brown and slowed second week but turned bright red again then brown and it keeps going in cycles... I was pushing myself too hard driving so much to the NICU everyday when the dr told me to be a couch potato...
Oh, and I thought I had an infection for a few days then I realized my liner was scented:dohh: it made it smell off. Whoops!

I am still bleeding. It stopped and then started. The blood is called lochia.

From https://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/cesareanaftercare.html

"Your lochia bleeding will change over time and can increase with activity and position changes. Use your bleeding as a way of making sure that you are not involved in too much activity. Lochia will change over time to pale pink or a dark red color, and then eventually to a yellowish or light color."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->