Bleeding after internal ultrasound

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
I had an internal ultrasound earlier today and I’ve just been to the loo and I’m bleeding :( no clots but bleeding none the less.

Is this normal? I’m terrified I’m miscarrying :(

It could be from the internal. Xx

I had the exact same! They told me it wasn't because of that but it must have been. I started bleeding loads and lasted 10 days until I had another scan and all was fine x

Yes I've heard from tons of people those can make you bleed - especially in early pregnancy. I had one just on Tuesday at 20+3 but didn't have bleeding - mostly because it's 2nd tri and she only checked my cervix so was very gentle. In 1st tri scans they check your ovaries and all over your uterus, so they have to be more rough and that much jostling can make your cervix bleed.

The bleeding should stop soon, or turn brown/rust coloured as it becomes old blood.

It's so, so common, and you know why you're bleeding. But big hugs, bleeding during pregnancy is the worst!!

Yes, it's very normal unfortunately. I had some spotting even after an abdominal scan with all the pushing. But after my vaginal scan with this baby I had about 3 days of heavy bleeding and then another week of light bleeding and spotting. Assuming your scan was healthy and normal, it's coming from your cervix, which is annoying but not harmful. I've had it in both of my healthy pregnancies. I'm 36 weeks now with that baby with the most bleeding after that scan and I never had any more after that week.

Thank you everyone! The bleeding has stopped now, it literally only lasted just that one toilet visit. It looked like a lot and really scared me, however once I calmed down and thought about it I realised that yes it was light red blood but it was mixed with the ultrasound gel stuff which made it look like a lot more than it was! And even before I was pregnant, every time we DTD I would bleed afterwards. Making me realise that my cervix is just extremely sensitive!
(I have had swabs and tests done a few months ago about the bleeding after sex but there’s nothing medically wrong)

So as I haven’t had any more bleeding since that one toilet trip I’m quite happy that it was just normal cervix irritation.

The scan showed a gestational sac and yolk sac (only 5+2 so didn’t expect fetal pole) all in the correct position :)

Just wanted to update this thread for future people reading it. My baby boy was born happy and healthy at full term 3 weeks ago. The bleeding was nothing to be concerned about x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->