Bleeding after my sweep 41+2 how much is ok?

Oasis717

Reaction score
I had my very first sweep this morning which was more painful than expected due to my mw having to pull my cervix forward to be able to perform the sweep. She said my cervix was soft and about 1cm dilated. It was over very quickly but I bled bright red blood a little too much for her liking after. I had a 15 min walk home and she said the walk may worsen the bleeding a bit which it did and there was enough to fill a light towel with a 5p size piece of tissue when I got home. Having some period like cramping now and quite strong bh but I'm still spotting bright red now when my mw said it should be turning pink/brown by now and if it's still bright red in another hour to call delivery. Would appreciate anyone letting me know their experience of bleeding after a sweep:) xxx.

I don't have a clue but I have read lots of women bleeding after sweeps. I think it's due to your cervix being irritated. Deffinetally keep an eye on it and if it gets bad enough to fill a pad I'd call your midwife back xx

Thank you, I'm still spotting like 50p size spots when I wipe when I'm standing, it eases off after sitting down. I did call my mw again and she said if it's heavier than spotting after another hour to call delivery. Xxxx

Yes!:) so relieved it's just tiny brown spotting now:) thanks for asking ladies, it was bright red til bout 6 from 11 but hardly anything there now. Xxx

Hope the sweep gets something going for you! X

Hope it does the trick and baby here real soon.

Thank you:) no signs yet but you never know, fingers crossed! Xxxx

Glad the bleeding is better now. Hopefully not much longer now xx

Thank you, really hope not as these last two weeks have been the worst:( I guess come Saturday he will be here one way or another:) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->