Bleeding after PAP @ prenatal. Potential TMI*

pumpkin90

Reaction score
Worried mama here....

had my first prenatal appt this AM where I had a full physical including a PAP. After doctor took out the speculum there was alot of blood on the it...and then when I wiped right after there was lots more..I was told I had a yeast infection and that bleeding is normal after because of that...

Didn't do a scan on baby...just listened with doppler prior to PAP...

:( thoughts? Is this normal? I can't wait to get a visual on baby..... were going for a private scan on Weds...but they aren't medical professionals...so they can't tell us if baby is looking well...just if it's there or not.

I spotted after my PAP and each cervical check later in pregnancy. It is normal but if it doesn't ease up I would call your doctor for your own peace of mind.

Aw that sounds awful :(
How heavy is the bleeding? Is it just on a pad or is it like gushing out a bit?

Pap smears definitely cause bleeding I bled after one once but I was pregnant at the time. If you've heard babies heart best on Doppler that's great news and also it definitely won't cause a miscarriage. When they give you a pap it irritates your cervix and especially if you have thrush there's a lot of orritation.
I would say to rest up, drink plenty of water and to avoid sex for the mean time. If the bleeding continues on to tomorrow definitely ring your doctor back and try and get a scan just for ease of mind
I'm sure everything will be fine keep is updated xx

Have you called your midwife? I have no experience of this but didn't want to read and run. Is the bleeding heavy? X

Bleeding isn't heavy.. Just present when I wipe after using washroom. It's more pink now than red which is a good sign... Can't wait to see brown and then nothing. Thx everyone for reassurance

It is normal. I also had some spotting after my pap, the doctor was kind enough to warn me in particular because I am Rh- so he didn't want me panicking. He told me I might bleed, then as he was finishing up he said, actually you are definitely going to see blood so I assume it was already visible. I didn't actually see anything until the following day and it still made me feel like I was going to pass out, but I reminded myself I was warned about it.

That was over a month ago now and my baby is alive, well, and kicking up a storm so please don't worry yourself. Your cervix is just very sensitive right now not to mention the extra blood in your body making bleeding in general easier (nosebleeds etc..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->