Bleeding Again!!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by izzy29, Oct 5, 2008.

1. izzy29

izzy29 Well-Known Member

Started bleeding again yesterday morning, for the 3rd saturday in a row! After the first saturday it happened I started to do nothing but rest on saturdays but it didnt make a difference. Phoned the hosp this morning and they told me to come up. Did a scan and checked baby was fine, then said about doing an internal to see because it keeps happening. They said there was a brown discharge, which I had said was the old blood,and they said it prob was, but took a swab anyway, they also found a polyp which is prob the cause off the bleeding. Said it is totally harmless and if I wasnt pregnant they may or may not even remove it, a lot of people have one and dont even realise and just cause I am preg it is maybe causing it to bleed. At least there is a reason now and baby seems to be fine. Just hope the bleeding doesnt keep happening cause it does worry me

2. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

:hugs: Im having the same problem. They domt know where the blood is coming from. Its so scarey.

3. Deeper Blue

Deeper Blue Well-Known Member

:hugs: At least you have a reason for it now and hopefully it'll calm down.

4. izzy29

izzy29 Well-Known Member

Porkpie, did they do an internal scan on you?

5. porkpie1981

porkpie1981 Well-Known Member

No. Last week they took swabs and checked to see my hind water hadnt gone. This time just a quick scan. I think they think mybe its old blood now as they said that the baby hasnt been bothered by it.

6. lauriech

lauriech Well-Known Member

I've had spotting on and off this whole pregnancy. I'm 22 weeks tomorrow. I have a doppler so constantly checked bambinos heartbeat until I felt movement when the spotting occured. Basically I avoided seeing my midwife because I had a missed miscarriage earlier this year and didn't want to be told the same thing again. :cry:

I've been booked in to see a gynocologist (spelling?) on Thursday this week so fingers crossed everything is ok.

Sorry to interupt your thread, just wanted to say it's happening to me too.