Bleeding at 13 weeks

Cookie1979

Reaction score
I got up in the night to go for a wee (usually up twice a night ) when I wiped I noticed blood. I'd say it was browny red (more red than brown though) and only when I wiped. I got up a couple of times after and still there was blood but nothing on my panty liner. This morning it's almost stopped and is brown rather than red.

The only thing I did different was me and hubby were mucking around, we didn't have sex but I did orgasm. Sorry tmi but I'm wondering if that could have done it??? I Googled and found a few examples of it. If it is then that's it for any kind of sex life for us!!

I'm going to the doctors this morning as not only do I hope they can arrange a scan, I'm rhesus negative and will probably need a jab.

I was in such a panic in the night thinking the worst but feel better this morning. I've had no pain (apart from my ibs which flared up due to worry) and no clots and as I said it's almost stopped and is brown now.

X

I have had 2 similar bleeds without the mucking around. Each time I got checked out and they did a swap to check for infection and my cervix was closed both times. They did say on one occasion it could be in line with when my period would of been due had I not been pregnant. The 2nd time just that there is extra blood vessels down there when pregnant and could just be a graze.

I am also resus negative and did have to have anti d jab both times.

Try not to worry but get checked out just to make you feel better xx good luck

Thank you Kaye. I have a doppler and plucked up the courage to try finding the hb (was scared to incase I couldn't find it) but thankfully found it quickly.

GP phone lines open in 5 mins so will be calling.

Thank you for replying, just goes to show bleeding doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong.

Xx

There is a lot of extra blood flow down there when you are pregnant unless you fill a pad don't panic x

I'm sure it's fine, esp. if you found the heart beat. Also, for what it's worth, even if mucking around *did* make you bleed, it won't hurt the baby. My midwife even said to me "if you have sex you might bleed a little and that's OK, it's nothing to worry about at all"

I had bleeding at 15 weeks right after an orgasm. Went to the er and they said it was a threatened miscarriage. They always say that if you have bleeding. Went to my Obgyn the next day and they could not find any source for the bleeding at all. My doctor said it was likely that a corner of my placenta lifted up due to the orgasm and there was a blood vessel underneath and that is likely what caused the bleeding. Your placenta can still function and do just fine even if 50% of if is detached. Two weeks later I bleed more and passed a huge clot. Went back to the doctor and still nothing. Now I'm 27 weeks and haven't had any more bleeding. The bleeding for me lasted about a week each time. I was definitely scared. I saw a poll on a different forum and at least 60% of the women who participated in the poll had bleeding and their baby was fine. Bleeding during pregnancy is scary but it doesn't always mean something bad.

Thank you ladies, because I'm rhesus negative I had to go to the hospital, they scanned me and showed baby looking fine, then while I was waiting for my Anti D injection I went to the loo and blood gushed out. I don't actually know how much came out as was sitting on the toilet when it happened, the doctor said it probably looked worse than it was. They didn't scan me again as they said baby would still be fine, but sent me to the surgical assessment unit and they examined me and said I have some cervical erosion and they suspect is what caused it. Im still spotting but it's brown and I think thats from the examination as had stopped before that. I used my doppler this morning and found babies heartbeat better than ever, sounded so strong so really put my mind at rest.

Just hope it doesn't happen again, it was the gush of blood that petrified me.

Thanks for the replies, it's good to know I'm not the only one this has happened to. Xxx

This happened to me at 13 weeks too. We never figured out the cause, but it has not happened again. FX for no more bleeding for you.

Justplay - really comforting to know it happened to you and hasn't happened again. Really surprising how many people have experienced bleeding xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->