bleeding at 32 weeks -possible causes?

lmp1505768

Reaction score
So I posted about a trip to Triage the other day, so please excuse some repeat info :/

Im 32 weeks tomorrow, and yesterday I had some bleeding,and im just trying to figure out what possible causes there could be, so I can try and avoid more bleeding. Also wondering if it could have been a bloody show??

Basically, no intercourse or internal exams for 3 days prior to the bleeding(though I do spot a tiny bit after intercourse if im on top). Went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was a white clumpy glob, with a dime sized blood glob inside of it. The blood was pinkish brown.
an hour or so later, I had mucous discharge that was brownish/pink throughout(no clear /white). This happened again, and then I got red/pink blood mixed in mucus. Id say it covered at least 3/4 of a toilet paper square. So I was told to go to Triage where I basically learned I was having some contractions but nothing super concerning as I was only dilated 1 cm and my cervix length was around 2.70 I think. That night I got another glob of the white mixed with dark red, then some pinkish tinted discharge, but nothing all day today.

So the doctor was saying that it could be an irritable cervix, even though I didn't have anything internal....but would that produce this much blood? I had spotting from 10am-10pm ,and not just a few drops.

Im just worried it could mean pre term labor, if it was a bloody show.

P.s they did give me pills to stop the contractions for now, though i can't always feel them, so its hard to tell.

Anyone have experience??

I did. I have a check up with the doc tomorrow,to see if im dilating progressively or just staying at 1cm, but they didn't seem to terribly concerned :/ he is also gonna do the FFN test if my bleeding has still ceased by then.

I guess im just frustrated because it sounds like he is trying to pin it on cervical sensitivity, when I don't think that's what it is, and I don't want to lose this baby because I was overly casual. At the same time, I don't want to make something out of nothing ya know?

Yeah that's understandable I honestly don't see how they just keep ignoring it I would be freaking out to especially this early in the pregnancy.

If it is early labour Hun, don't worry. At 32 weeks your baby is already developing really well it won't be the end of the world if they do want an early appearance! I can see how you feel about the casual/over reacting. I'd say always better to be safe and have a grumpy midwife/doc cos there's nothing wrong than have everyone brush off oh you're fine and then not be. Mummy knows best. Try to rest and hope you get more info when you see your doc :) xx

I agree. Try to get as much rest as possible/lie down and at least you know then that you've done the best that you can until you see them again. 32 weeks is still pretty far along and LO has a very good chance if there was an early kick off :hugs: x

Have you been given steroid injections? I'd ask to have them if not just in case, though I would hope they already have given them to you. I had bleeding around the same time and they never figured out why. The steroids will develop the baby's lungs faster in case you deliver early.

Thanks for the replies ladies. Ill ask about the steroid injections today , just in case. My doctor is kind of nocholant about a lot,so not sure if he will agree, but its worth discussing.

Ill update after the appointment :)

So still waiting on test results from the FFN, though im about to take a nap as DD is sleeping, so im sure they will call the second I fall asleep(seriously,never fails) :)

He said im not anymore dilated than I was, so that's good. He also said I had a large ish bump on my cervix that was unusual, and bled a little, but not nearly as much as what id experienced.

I indirectly asked about bloody show and he didn't mention I there was a mucus plug there or not, im not actually sure if they can tell?

So basically just waiting on FFN results,if they are positive ill be starting steroid shots, if not, ill just keep my fingers crossed as it gives me two weeks of no labor and at 34 weeks he wont try to stop my labor anymore.

He did mention that repeated shots has led to smaller brain size in infants,which I didn't come across in my research, so that was a bit scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->