Bleeding at 36 weeks - not sure whether to get rechecked!

Babushka

Reaction score
I had a bleed yesterday afternoon & saw the midwives who put it down to thrush (I have been a bit irritated in that area lately & when the midwife when to take a swab, there was cottage cheeese like discharge on the speculum, in fact she couldn't get the speculum in properly I was so sore).

At around 2am the bleeding has started again & is heavier. Not enough to fill up a pad or anything like that but it's there when I wipe & I just made a mess of the bathroom floor when I inserted some more thrush cream. DH and I did not have penetrative sex earlier but he did bring me to orgasm so I'm wondering if this has caused the heavier bleeding?

I'm not sure whether to go back to the hospital and ask for a scan incase it's something else like placenta praevia or should I wait until the thrush cream has a chance to work?

Baby's HR was perfect yesterday and she has been moving around a bit.

Not sure what to do really. I'm not in pain & I definitely do think I have thrush but am also worried that something else could be contributing to the bleeding.

If I was you personally I would go and get double checked. I am sure that it is down to the thrush, but still go and put your mind at rest. Sleep and relaxation doesnt come too easy in the last weeks of pregnancy so dont add to it by worrying yourself. You will be fine. x

It was probably a bleed from the check you had the day before but you should call if you're worried.

i had severe thrush with my first pregnancy and didnt bleed:/ and if ur still bleeding the day after seeing the mw id ring up and just get a second opinion im sure everythings okay tho:) Gl x

I had quite bad thrush last time was pregnant and also didn't bleed- go get checked hun, for peace of mind if nothing else x x

I had a light bleed at 36 weeks. Called labour ward ( it was 11pm Sunday night so typically bp one else to ring). They told me to come in and get checked. Speculum showed my cervix bleeding due to hormones and perfectly normal. However the doctor was very clear that all bleeding must be checked out. She said if I bled again I had to go back as you can never be certain it the same reason as last time.

I would get checked ASAP! Sure its nothing but why risk it. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"