Bleeding at 7-8 weeks - advice please!

JennyPL

Reaction score
Just wondered for anyone else who has experienced bleeding/spotting in the first tri, how long did it last?
I had some spotting on sunday night, went for an early scan on monday morning at what i thought was 7+3 and there was a heartbeat. I was told that bleeding was common (but not 'normal'). I have continued to spot brown blood now and again until now (friday night). Has anyone else experienced this and went on for everything to be OK. I am a bit worried.

brown spotting means old blood. I had spotting the day i got a positive HPT, but it only lasted a couple of hours. I do know
ladies that have spotting for much longer than though that. I wouldnt worry yourself just yet. I know its hard not to, but
just try and relax. If you were MCing you would def. know! I had one so i can say that from experience (@ 8+3). Brown blood isnt
anything to worry about. If you start cramping badly and getting clots and/or red thick blood in large quantities, than
you should be concerned. But doctors usually know what they are talking about and everything sounds good so rest assured. :hugs:

:hugs:

I had red and brown bleeding from about 5-7 weeks and then it just stopped. I was worried sick. Some women just bleed. Our baby is totally fine.

Thanks for the replies - they reassured me a bit. It's difficult not to worry, but I am trying! Just wish the spotting would stop so that I can stop thinking about it.
Actually spoke to my friend about this too and she said her sister had this when pregnant with her son (now 1 year old) so I guess it is quite common.

Reading your post has reassured me a lot, as i have wiped last nite and this morn when i went the loo and there was a hint of pink on the tissue and iv been terrified, but if a lot of women seem to experiance this then i can rest a bit now! lol

Who would of thought the worry starts full swing when we get them 2 lines eh? lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->