bleeding at 7 weeks but ultrasound showed heartbeat! please help!

rachel_f_

mummy to 1 angel
Reaction score
so ladies I had an early reassurance scan at 5 weeks because of past miscarriage... it showed a sac and the fetal pole but to early to detect heartbeat... anyways iv had some pink spotting that only ever made it onto toilet paper... and then twice I have had what I can only describe as a trickle of red water... well yesterday while having dinner I felt this trickle sensation again which was accompanied with a little cramping.. not minor but not major, enough to make me say ouch! the bleeding got a little heavier and half filled a sanitary pad, this time is was quite thick, rather than watery. I rushed to A+E where they proceeded to tell me there was nothing they could do except book me for a scan next week! gosh how I love the NHS... anyway this morning after a little more blood I booked a private scan, the sonographer said ''it does look like it breaking away'' then carried on scanning and I saw something moving on screen... I shouted at her to stop and she went ''holy gamoly!!!'' there on the screen was my babys heartbeat going at 110 beats per minute! the scan does show like a cobweb looking thing on the outside of the sac... and she has reffered me for more medical attention... so I went back to epu and told them this and I was sent away again with the answer of. sorry love we have no staff available all I can do is book you in Friday.... grrrr... just wondering if any of you ladies have bled and still gone on to have healthy babies... I suppose its just a waiting game and can go either way but the fact I saw the heartbeat makes the wait harder... thankyou xxxxxx

I have no experience with this but wanted to say I'm sorry your having to wait to get answers...that is so stressful. The technician said the baby was breaking away? I can't believe she wouldn't explain that further as it makes it sound as if the worst is happening? I've always heard a heartbeat is a great sign tho and hoping for good news for you:hugs:

I wish you lots of luck. Im having the same problem. 5+4 weeks and having brown discharge. Im petrified but cant do anything until next monday at scan when ill be 6+3. Because this is an ivf pregnancy im using progesterone pessaries and noticed my cervix is low and soft. Im scared x

It's a shame the epu won't see you till friday! Have you booked in for then? I also have had spotting and my bean is fine. Were they able to give you a CRL measurement? I'm not sure what the cobwebby thing could be, potentially some bleeding from implantation? The epu should be able to diagnose that, but - I can say that once you've seen your baby alive the chances of mc drop whether there is bleeding present or not. Good luck to you on Friday X

Did they say anything about the heart rate? To me that seems quite slow but if they didn't show concern, then that's fine. So sorry you have to wait like this :( Here's to hoping the week flies by for you and keep us updated :hugs:

im not sure what the crl measurement is... but I was actually only 6 week and 1 day when I had private scan... I was told at my first app last Monday I measured 5 week 1 day.... would 110 be slow for 6 week one day?? my private scan was with a place called hello baby, its not actually a hospital its more of a novely scanning, for like finding out the sex early etc... iv managed to get my app with the epu moved to this thurday so I suppose I will know by then... so usetting as this is my second miscarriage in 5 months... also the only next step is ivf as my fiancé is serving time in prison... please don't judge ladies he is a good man... thankyou all xxx

so ladies I had an early reassurance scan at 5 weeks because of past miscarriage... it showed a sac and the fetal pole but to early to detect heartbeat... anyways iv had some pink spotting that only ever made it onto toilet paper... and then twice I have had what I can only describe as a trickle of red water... well yesterday while having dinner I felt this trickle sensation again which was accompanied with a little cramping.. not minor but not major, enough to make me say ouch! the bleeding got a little heavier and half filled a sanitary pad, this time is was quite thick, rather than watery. I rushed to A+E where they proceeded to tell me there was nothing they could do except book me for a scan next week! gosh how I love the NHS... anyway this morning after a little more blood I booked a private scan, the sonographer said ''it does look like it breaking away'' then carried on scanning and I saw something moving on screen... I shouted at her to stop and she went ''holy gamoly!!!'' there on the screen was my babys heartbeat going at 110 beats per minute! the scan does show like a cobweb looking thing on the outside of the sac... and she has reffered me for more medical attention... so I went back to epu and told them this and I was sent away again with the answer of. sorry love we have no staff available all I can do is book you in Friday.... grrrr... just wondering if any of you ladies have bled and still gone on to have healthy babies... I suppose its just a waiting game and can go either way but the fact I saw the heartbeat makes the wait harder... thankyou xxxxxx

i bled very heavy twice with my last son...i ended up having a Hematoma...which is quit common..

what did she say was breaking away? I would put urself on pelvic rest and maybe even bedrest for a few days as not to let gravity help other things along...
intake some more water too...

fingers crossed for u xx

im not sure what the crl measurement is... but I was actually only 6 week and 1 day when I had private scan... I was told at my first app last Monday I measured 5 week 1 day.... would 110 be slow for 6 week one day?? my private scan was with a place called hello baby, its not actually a hospital its more of a novely scanning, for like finding out the sex early etc... iv managed to get my app with the epu moved to this thurday so I suppose I will know by then... so usetting as this is my second miscarriage in 5 months... also the only next step is ivf as my fiancé is serving time in prison... please don't judge ladies he is a good man... thankyou all xxx

no judgment , i wish you luck xx

Rachel - sorry, crl is the measurement in mm of your little one from top to bottom. This is how they date you later on.... In any case the fact that you were 6+1 at private scan and a heartbeat was seen suggests you are measuring fine for your dates, it's right about the time you'd expect to start to see the hb. Also 110 is absolutely fine for 6 weeks. Has the spotting/bleeding eased up?

Fingers crossed for you on Thursday, sounds like a difficult enough time without judgements about your oh! It must be hard for you without him near. All the best x

As hard as this is try to take your mind off this all somehow, get some comedy movies, distract yourself with a great book. Whatever is going to happen will happen but if you can keep positive spirits and lighten the stress, your body will respond better.
I'm having spotting and cramps too, it's very worrying. We travelled to the other side of the earth to get knocked up and if it doesn't work there are no frosties and we'll have to pay over 10K to do it all over again not to mention holiday time and waitlisting.
Have you seen the Inbetweeners, IT Crowd or the Hangover movies? Hang in there, things will be OK. Congrats on seeing the heartbeat - that's SOOO exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->