Bleeding before BFP... So confused

MrsC1984

Reaction score
I have been bleeding for 11 days despite AF only being due today.

I guessed I was out this month but wanted to start using opks so did a test yesterd to be sure and it was positive!!! Did another today and very strong positive.

Is it likely a miscarriage or any chance it might me ok?

I saw a very unsympathetic dr today who has referred me for blood tests and an US tomorrow but will they be able to rule out an ectopic at just 4 weeks?

Any advice would be great as I am very confused.

Although I haven't experienced this myself, I can totally understand your worry and confusion. I have read that bleeding can be quite normal and that you can go on to have a completely normal and healthy pregnancy. I guess just wait and see how your appointment goes tomorrow. Are they going to check that your HCG is rising?

Theyre going to check the hcg but don't know if they'll get me back to check its rising.

Kind of wish I hadn't tested now but very strange for me to bleed for this long regardless.

Biggest worry is an ectopic but I've had no pain or cramping or clots at all.

Yes I had this. I bled lightly 5dpo to 12dpo, then more red spotting on and off until 7.5w when I had a heavy bleed. On/off light bleeding after that, then another heavy bleed New Years eve. I'm almost 12w now and keeping my fingers crossed baby is holding on tight!

i bled lightly for 4 days before af was due, tested and got a bfp. I continued to bleed and sadly for me it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy, confirmed by U.S and bfn's after my bfp. I had cramps but no clots. Hopefully you'll be ok x

Fingers crossed for you. Its hard and confusing but the only way to tell is US . I hope u get positive results xxx

so sorry for the confusion! is it bright red? heavy or light? i had implantation bleeding, which was brown spotting tho for a few days. I hope everything turns out okay, FX.

Thanks for all your replies!

It started of brown and watery then went to red then brown again and now red again.... It's more than spotting but much lighter than a period.

I'm pretty sure its not good news, you know when you know :-(

sounds like my chemical :( keep my fingers crossed for you xxx

I bled heavily for 4 days, 1 day after AF was due to arrive and everything worked out fine for us. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->