Bleeding before BFP... So confused

MrsC1984

Reaction score
I have been bleeding for 11 days despite AF only being due today.

I guessed I was out this month but wanted to start using opks so did a test yesterd to be sure and it was positive!!! Did another today and very strong positive.

Is it likely a miscarriage or any chance it might me ok?

I saw a very unsympathetic dr today who has referred me for blood tests and an US tomorrow but will they be able to rule out an ectopic at just 4 weeks?

Any advice would be great as I am very confused.

I have been bleeding for 11 days despite AF only being due today.

I guessed I was out this month but wanted to start using opks so did a test yesterd to be sure and it was positive!!! Did another today and very strong positive.

Is it likely a miscarriage or any chance it might me ok?

I saw a very unsympathetic dr today who has referred me for blood tests and an US tomorrow but will they be able to rule out an ectopic at just 4 weeks?

Any advice would be great as I am very confused.

Hello,

In my experience (from #1) they can't rule out ectopic at 4 weeks. I had internal scans because I had some bleeding and they could see that I was pregnant but not whether it would progress or not. I had bloods taken but even when my levels increased, they still said they couldn't be sure. I think it was around 8 weeks that they said yes here she is and she's growing in the right place.

My dr too was very unsympathetic, it's a horrible time and I completely understand how it plays on your mind.

With a US at 4 weeks, they'll be able to tell you whether you're pregnant, but I'm not sure that they'll tell you anything other than that. I had two more internal US after the four week one then they cut back to the 12 and 20 week ones.

Good luck, I hope everything goes ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"