bleeding before cervical stitch

4everhopefull

mummy to an angel&ttc
Reaction score
hi, please say sombody can help me.....[-o<
i lost my baby girl at 22 weeks due to incompitent cervix.....and was promised a stitch this time. but I've reciently found out they wont do the stich if there is any bleeding...but i bleed a small amount every time im pregnant....i feel doomed.....any help would be brilliantXX

Do they give you a reason they won't due to bleeding?

erm....hb1...i googled that....and it was american sites....i was bleeding when they planned the last one, but it was just to late, i was too dilated....and surley they would have said somthing before if that was the case.....?

I reckon you should discuss with your dr the ins and outs of what they will and won't do - you may be worrying when in fact they would do even if bleeding ocurred- it may be more to do with why you're bleeding that would decide whether they would or wouldn't or they could give you something to prevent bleeding like progesterone?

I am sorry i dont have any experience with this but i agree with hb1 i would make an appointment with your doctor and discuss it all and find out why they wont do that. Hope you get some answers. I am so sorry for your loss.

thanks girls, i decided id sit and actually face the paperwork from my last pregngncy with the doctors and there is nothing in there about them not doing it, and i remember the doc saying (now ive calmed down) they have to take every pregnancy as it comes, because i have a funkey shaped uterus. i think we just have to take every day as it comes when (fx) i do get pregnant. soooo this is the plan of action....
1) get pregnant lol
2)get to 12 weeks first
3) bed rest, bed rest, bed rest,
4) have faith the docs will do right by my baby.

thanks girls, thanks alot :hugs:
:dust:

oh - and there is a lady with the same condition as you on the PAL pages hx

OK, so I also have incompetent cervix... With my son, we did not know till it was accidentally found on ultrasound at 16 weeks, and I went on to have my stitch the next day. I spotted on and off before my u/s, I was dilated to 2 when they found it. Now with my daughter, they already knew about it, and were able to go ahead and put in the stitch around 14 weeks or so. Just kinda depends on your doc. With the one I just miscarried, I was scheduled for my surgery in the 11th week, but sadly had to have a D&C 2 days before I would have been having the cerclage put in. I think mostly it just depends on your doc what they do, and when they do it. Definitley take it easy while preggo again, no heavy lifting, moving furniture, etc... Those things can all make it harder... Good luck to you and I hope you get your sticky bean and hh soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->