Bleeding brown

Riley_Zoo

Reaction score
Hey, I got my bfp on Sunday, we think I'm between 5 and 6 weeks (irregular periods) however yesterday I got some brown discharge that only happened once, today I woke up and I had brown mixed with red, no clots no cramps, not in pants but quite a bit on tissue. Since then every time I wipe there is a bit of brown. I called the doc and he has signed me off for 2 weeks on rest but not given me any more info. Can anyone give me any more information, is this a really bad thing?
I still have painful boobs and still feel nauseous, I do feel heavy in the abdomen but no more than before.

Sorry if I sound paranoid, just worried I'm going to miscarry.

Thanks

Just wanted to say sorry you're going through all this worry sweetheart, I don't have advice or experience, except that I know lots of women experience spotting in early pregnancy and go on to have perfectly healthy babies. Everyone is different. Keeping my fingers crossed for you <3

Thanks Hun, I just don't know what to think at the moment. Wish the doc had given me more info really. Just have take it easy and really hope.

I had lots of spotting a few weeks back but because of recurrent miscarriages get weekly scans and so far it's all good (I'm just over 9 weeks now), try not to worry, rest lots and drink lots of water xx

Thanks Hun, nice to hear a positive outcome. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is nothing major and I have a healthy pregnancy :)

Hi hun at 14 weeks with my second i had some brown dischargy type spotting i went for a scan and everything was fine they just said it was just old blood. So might be same for you where everything is moving and shifting about its just old blood x

I had brown spotting between 6-7 weeks and totally panicked. My doctor sent me to the EPU and they scanned - all was well. They told me it was from implantation. Did your doctor offer to refer you to the EPU? I would push for that if I were you but I'm told this is quite common so try not to worry. Of course I can't give any guarantees but I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Hi, yes I agree I would ask for an early scan at EPU. I bled a lot last pregnancy and a bit this time at 7 weeks and Dr sent me for a scan to check what was going on both times. It can be quite normal for some ladies to have bleeding though so not necessarily a bad sign :flower:

All the doctor said was I was to be signed off for two weeks to rest, nothing strenuous allowed. He also said I should make an appointment with my midwife but I have only just filled the forms out so waiting for them to call to sign me up officially, we'll that normally takes 1-2 weeks, he said he would make a note on my records so hopefully be a week not 2 but it was fine to wait. I'm not havering cramps so I'm hopping that's a good sign. Trying to stay calm but definitely worried.

I don't know how it works where you are but there's an emergency room at our maternity hospital and I went there one night when I was bleeding. They were very reassuring. Can you do that maybe? They can then refer you to EPU.

Hope all is well. <3 when I had spotting it didn't end well, but I know it does for lots of women. All you can do is wait and rest. I don't think anything you do at this point will change the outcome, but enjoy resting. xx

Well its not looking good, brown when wiping did stop yesterday so started to get excited. Tiny bit of brown this morning, still looking ok. Then I took another hpt. Although I still got a bfp it is lighter than the last bfp I got 2 days ago. Not hugly but definitely lightet :( im feeling kind lost now.

I just wanted to say you've got to be so careful taking more pregnancy tests sweetheart.. there are so many factors that can affect how dark the line is, usually how diluted the urine is but also about the different tests, even of the same brand and how sensitive that stick is. I don't want you to panic because of how dark the line was.

I think maybe it would be best if you went to A+E and tell them how worried you are and request blood tests and or a scan, it's horrible being in limbo like you are now. It is a medical professionals duty to help put your mind at ease <3

Thanks mommafrog, I know I shoulnt take tests but doc has told me to wait for midwife to call hopefully in the next week. So its the only thing i felt i could do if that makes sense.Part of me wants to go to a&e but then I feel ill just be wasteing there time. There not likely to see alot on ths scan as to early and if I am misscaring then not alot they can do. I guess I just feel ill be wasteing there time. Ive bsen made to feel that way before by a&e and scared thsy will do it again. Boobs still hurt and veins are still gettkng darker. No more Brown now whsn I wipe either. Its harx dont want to waste peoples time but really want answers. Might give it til tomorrow and see what happens

Yes I understand that.. just remember tests aren't reliable. Yes, well a few years ago I had a pregnancy and I had a bleed at around six weeks and a lot of implantation bleeding, it was because I had the coil in unfortunately, any way when I bled I went to a+e immediately and they took bloods to check if it would show up on the scan, they said it would and then I had a scan to check it was in the right place.
Early scans don't show you much about baby, but you can see if the pregnancy is in the right place and they can usually tell what the bleeding is being caused by, which could put your mind at rest.
Also bleeding could potentially be an infection that is not to do with the pregnancy and if that is the case you want it to be treated as early as possible so I don't think the doctor should have just told you to wait it out without being sure what the cause is..

If you want to wait a few days and see what happens then that should be okay, but if you have another bleed just go to a+e, if they treat you like you are wasting their time then they are not doing their job! They are there to help you sweetie and you can ignore them acting that way, it is your right to access care <3

Tri-hopping and just wanted to give you some reassurance! I had lots of brown bleeding right around 6-8 weeks and then about every 3 to 4 weeks after that.It didnt stop until 26 weeks (so annoying!! I went for a dozen scans!) - but all is normal so far and baby is due next week! Please don't feel like you're bothering anyone in healthcare - thats their job! I would strongly suggest you get your physician to schedule you an early scan, or just pop into the emergency room and ask for one. It will give you peace of mind to know that all is well :) stress isn't good and you won't rest as comfortably until you know for sure!! I think some women are just "spotters" but all turns out fine!! :hugs:

Thanks mommafrog, I know I shoulnt take tests but doc has told me to wait for midwife to call hopefully in the next week. So its the only thing i felt i could do if that makes sense.Part of me wants to go to a&e but then I feel ill just be wasteing there time. There not likely to see alot on ths scan as to early and if I am misscaring then not alot they can do. I guess I just feel ill be wasteing there time. Ive bsen made to feel that way before by a&e and scared thsy will do it again. Boobs still hurt and veins are still gettkng darker. No more Brown now whsn I wipe either. Its harx dont want to waste peoples time but really want answers. Might give it til tomorrow and see what happens

Don't worry, you're not wasting people's time - I would still go to a&e, just to be on the safe side. As a pp mentioned, you won't see much but they would be able to see if everything is where it should be. Good luck, and try not to worry.

Hi everyone

I know this is a little late but I just wanted to say thank you everyone that responded and gave advise, unfortunatly I did misscarry on Thursday 7th at 6 1/2 weeks :( just waiting for all my hormans to sort themselves out so I can get on with life, everything is going crazy at the moment, never thought that two weeks on I would still be feeling crap and sick.

Thank you again your all angles and best of luck to you all :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->