Bleeding during arousal?? Warning - TMI!

NatashaZ

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Please pardon the TMI to follow. I'm anxious to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I had a d&c less than a week ago. Throughout my pregnancy, I would cramp after every orgasm so I just avoided sexual contact. Now, I feel like I'm in a constant state of arousal (unsure if it's hormones or what), but was told by the doc to continue avoiding sex. Fair enough.

My OH and I were being playful all throughout the day yesterday. I kept my panties on so not to be tempted but we did tease each other throughout the evening. Eventually I started to feel some cramps, and when I checked myself in the bathroom I was really shocked to find I had bled heavily and not realized it was happening.

I have an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday and was told not to panic unless I bled through several pads, which hasn't been the case. I am just worried about infection, or a tear on my cervix that might cause scarring?

I am worried now that when we do get cleared for sex, I will be too afraid after what happened :( and we all know that sex is kind of important here!!

Has this happened to anyone? What was the outcome?

Just to clarify, we didn't have sex, no penetration of any kind, and I didn't reach orgasm, but I had the cramps I felt before and heavy bleeding, reminding me of loss all over again :(

I don't think you need to worry Natasha.

I had something similar happen to me years ago when I had AF. I was barely bleeding and was fooling around with b/f. He was standing between my legs whilst I was perched on side and kissing. When he moved away he had a huge bloody patch on his shirt!

I think if there is blood in there then any kind of excitement can make it come out. Perhaps it;s a good thing!

I don't know about the cramps though.. I guess it's the uterus contracting but I'm not sure.

Hope you're ok?

Yea, in my mind I'd think it's a good thing for any remaining blood to purge itself, but I wonder if I strained myself too much playing around with him. I feel much better today, though, and am only spotting... going to make an effort not to move around too much over the next few days, although I am due back at work tomorrow. Just gonna take it easy and no more play time till follow up appointment :(

I am also guessing that this is normal. I know what you mean btw about feeling more aroused lately! I'm the same way... I am 13 days past the d&c about 6 days ago I reeaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly wanted to :sex: I didn't because I know I should be waiting- well, I broke the 2 week rule on Saturday night - so a few days early- and thankfully it didn't hurt and felt *really* good.. TMI!

I agree as well that it's probably a good thing that you DID bleed to help get anything remaining out~ your body is doing what it should. I can say that my bleeding just stopped as of Friday too- and I started running again about a week ago- I felt the bleeding pick up a bit after running and then BOOM - it's gone. I think the running helped to actually expedite getting the rest out ... I think getting more blood flowing to that area and moving around actually sped the recovery process up because once I started doing that again- it's like ALL spotting stopped and haven't had a single drop since. So IMHO, I don't think you should sit still or reduce our activity- on the contrary- you should pick it up. The only reason to be concerned is if you are like gushing blood. You don't want to let things sit in the there- you want it all out. So I am about a week ahead of you.. and it's normal to bleed for 2-3 weeks post D&C.. I remember another one of your posts where you said you were not bleeding- so I can understand why this instance is a big shock.

I would hold off on the sex until you do stop bleeding- but you don't need to wait for weeks to get back to it either I don't think. :hugs:

orgasms can help Af cramps big time! i hate all this MC stuff and sex :( you know what i cannot understand, few hours before i gave birth to my 19 week old baby when he slipped into my hands in the bathroom, id been pestering my OH :( OMG thankfully he was too tired... imagine ! :( its sooo unfair... Also at 5 weeks we had it Ruff and few days later i had my very first bled and i bled on and off til i lost him at 19 weeks:( this makes me VERY AFRAID of sex now when i get pregnant...:( :( feel horrible now.

I had the same thing happen after my first D&C. I got a surge of blood 10 days after the procedure and it turns out it was remnant "product"....

Anyway, it sorted itself out a few days later. I wouldn't worry too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->