Bleeding, early scans, no embryo as yet - help!!!!

want2bmum11

Mummy to 1 DS
Reaction score
Firstly, thanks for reading!

Am pregnant after round one of IVF - should be about 6 weeks 5 days based on EC. Had some spotting/very light bleed around 4 weeks 6 days so we decided to go for an early scan on Xmas eve - 5 weeks 6 days by EC. With our son at our scan at the same time, we saw him and a heartbeat.

We saw a GS with a MSD (mean sack diameter) of 5.4mm and a yolk sac but no embryo. She said not to worry as normal at this stage, and the yolk sac confirmed I was at least 5 weeks, but she thought I was maybe a couple of days behind where I thought. She also couldn't see any areas of bleeding.

Yesterday I had a gush of blood and ended up in A&E, got referred to the EPU and had another scan. This time there was a GS with MSD of 14.2mm and the yolk sac was very visible. Again no embryo. She wasn't concerned, and said it looked like I was maybe a couple of days behind again, so at least it is consistent!! She did find an area of bleeding next to the GS 14mmx8mm.

On my form she wrote "area of resolving bleeding". She also said I could call and get my HCG results today if I wanted which I will probably do although I have nothing to compare them too!!

I guess I am just wondering what "resolving bleeding" means, and if it is a bad sign that we could see our son by now but no embryo as yet this time? And if all this bleeding is bad? Am trying not to worry too much - I have a scan at the fertility unit next Tuesday to confirm viability and just feel so scared.

Again, apologies it is long and a bit rambly and thanks for reading x

Didn't want to r&r, but I am of no help sorry! Just sending you a hug and hope you can take your mind off things until Tuesday. And hopefully there is a tiny little baby in there that's already a pro at hide and seek! :hugs:

I have no idea but I would guess resolving means it's resolving itself? Total stab in the dark but of its a subchrionic haemotoma they can either bleed or be absorbed back on with no harm to baby.

Good luck, hope all goes well at your next scan x

Lots of luck to you, I have had bleeding in 2 pregnancy's and all was fine, I had a erosion on the cervix which caused this.. :hugs:

I would assume it means its clearing up and stopping xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->