Bleeding gums?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by YorkieMom, Nov 18, 2011.

1. YorkieMom

YorkieMom Well-Known Member

My LO is 12 weeks today and for the past week or so has wanted nothing more than to chomp away on my finger covered in a muslin cloth. He cN bite down really hard for at least 30 mins at a time or more, and has been very drooly the past few days. Tonight he was crying so I put my muslin cloth covered finger into the back left aide of his mouth to chew on and when I took it out there was a bit of blood. I put it in again & there was a bit more blood. Not loads, but definitely a touch of blood. Could his molars be coming in already? The past few nights he hasnt been sleeping well, and last night he woke up twice and was just screaming. I've given him some Calpol as that's all I've got in the house at the moment

What do you think? Is this normal?

2. YorkieMom

YorkieMom Well-Known Member

Bump!

Anyone??

3. Mrshoffie

Mrshoffie Well-Known Member

It's not unheard of for teeth to appear that early. Having said that my lo has just cut her second tooth, and I didn't notice any blood at all. She was very upset though and teething gel/calpol definately helped.

4. summer rain

summer rain Mum of 5

Its quite common for them to get a blood blister/haematoma on the gum when their teeth are coming through, babies do very occasionally get a molar or one of the more to the back teeth through before their others as well xx