Bleeding on the brain

Linz88

Mummy 2 Kayah + BbyBump K
Reaction score
Just beeen talkin to the consultant and he said that kayah(29 weeker) has a small bleed on the brain (not in the brain itself tho) he said hez not worried as shes stable and stil has great stats! He is just going to keep an eye on it and scan her weekly! Has anyone else experienced this?

Update- its between the venticles and minimal between grade 1-2

No I havent I just wanted to send my :hugs: to you! If he is not worried then I dont really know! I dont know anything on bleeds as my girls were fine..

I believe babies who have a grade 1 or 2 IVH usually have no long term effects from it.

They will continue scanning to make sure it heals.

Normally a Grade 1-2 isnt too bad.

Alex has a Grade 4 on the left side, pretty big :( But nothing has come of it a year later (touch wood)

In all cases, bleeds normally resolve and leave scarring -its the scarring that has an effect. I dont think theres a need to be too concerned though. xxxxxx

Hi linz how u doing hun, I was also an august to be mum and had our little princess on the 3rd at 28+3 scary time, if u need a chat or anything Im here x x

Hi linz how u doing hun, I was also an august to be mum and had our little princess on the 3rd at 28+3 scary time, if u need a chat or anything Im here x x

awww thanks hun, how r u coping? Is she doing ok xx

Glad ya ok, Im not coping to bad I was seriously ill as was few hours away from loosen us both so I only just got discharged myself, it id so hard leaving them behind although u will be there everyday. Lots of tears and emotions. Howz ur little one x x

Aww im glad ur both ok! Kayahs doin great- they was puttin her feeds up 3 times aday bt she kept vomitting so they kept it at 2! She shud be on full feeds in a couple of days :) hows ur bby doin xx

Im so glad Kayah is doing well! Beautiful baby and gorgeous name btw :) xx

Yer Honor is doing fantastically she has all the way along true fighter, she's on 1ml feeds every 2 hours and doing really well still only weighs 1lb 14 x x how's Kayah x x

Kayah is doin great aswel, she is on 7.1ml's & on a sugar and glucose drip, she should be on full feeds in a about 30 hrs thats if she keeps on disgesting well, she weighed 2lbs 14 oz wen she was born bt went down to 2lbs 6 nw shes 2lbs 8, ur lo wil strt gainin weight nw they say they usually lose it b4 they pt it on xx

Hiya, yes Jenson had a grade 1 bleed as well. They dont worry about that size as they self correct. He did have a repeat scan before home and he was fine xx

Thats good im glad hes ok, they scanned her again on sat n the bleed hadnt gt bigger but the venticle had got wider bt both doctrs was unsure so i dnt fink it gt too much wider- there gna scan her agen on sat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->