Bleeding?

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
How long do you bleed for after a c section?

How soon after a c section should you expect your period? Will be a bad one or light?

I had a csection 6 weeks ago. Im still bleeding on bad if, some days I can get up and there's nothing whats so ever but the next day there will be fresh blood. Like today I've got fresh blood but had nothing for the last 2-3 days.

I also have a hard painful lump just above my scar, could anyone tell nee get thud found be? My stomach feels bruised and hurts to touch around where the lump is.
My scar did burst open and got infected around the second week but I'm told it's now heeled nicely.

Thank you

Mine hurt for quite a while, a long time after it was 'fully' healed it was still tender to the touch. I'm not sure about any hard lumps, I did not experience that, but my bleeding did also last several weeks both times, but I cannot remember how long. I'm sorry. :( But I do know that mine also seemed to stop and restart like that for a bit.

I had an IUD put in at 6 weeks after the first cesarean and at 10 weeks after the first. Both times that was before my periods started again, and the IUD kept them away, so I don't know when my cycle would've naturally returned.

If you're concerned, definitely give your OB's office a call. At about 6 weeks post, you should be having a check-up soon anyway.

I bled for 10 weeks after my section and then got my period at 12 weeks post birth. It was heavy but my period always is.

Mine hurt for quite a while, a long time after it was 'fully' healed it was still tender to the touch. I'm not sure about any hard lumps, I did not experience that, but my bleeding did also last several weeks both times, but I cannot remember how long. I'm sorry. :( But I do know that mine also seemed to stop and restart like that for a bit.

I had an IUD put in at 6 weeks after the first cesarean and at 10 weeks after the first. Both times that was before my periods started again, and the IUD kept them away, so I don't know when my cycle would've naturally returned.

If you're concerned, definitely give your OB's office a call. At about 6 weeks post, you should be having a check-up soon anyway.

I had my check up on Friday, it was all about baby though cause she's having no end of problems. The GP quickly checked my scar and said id healed really well, she felt the lump and said she was inclined to say it's my nerves. The lump isn't near my scar it's on my belly,in the excess fatty bit from the weight I gained during pregnancy. It's my belly that's really sore not the scar. I dunno.

Thanks though

I bled for 10 weeks after my section and then got my period at 12 weeks post birth. It was heavy but my period always is.

Thank you. I'm just glad it's not so. It's barely anything but I still have to wear a towel cause it's stop starts. Nothing again for 2 days then today there's a tiny amount on my towel.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"