Blerg! (Long)

Jewels

Wife & Aussie Mommy!
Reaction score
As some of you may know, I recently came off my antidepressant and have been having a considerable amount of anxiety the past week. DH and I have come to the decision that I need to work through some of this stuff before I come off BCPs and we TTC.

I'm in cognitive behavioral therapy and the anxiety is due to unresolved childhood issues, which my antidepressant was covering up. It helps a lot to know that the anxiety is due to old stuff.

I'm feeling a bit better today after a breakthrough in therapy, but am still not 100%. If I don't improve shortly, I will be going back on a very low dose antidepressant to take the edge off. I haven't been able to concentrate on work, haven't been eating hardly at all.. I'm hoping that a very low dose will keep me a little more level without covering up everything, so I can continue to work on things as they arise. In addition, it will make it easier to get off the pills when the time comes. I would prefer not taking anything during pregnancy, but we will make that decision when the time comes.

We've decided we're not setting a timeline anymore. This is the second setback I've had in the last couple months, and I think for my sanity it's just better off to go with the flow and get pregnant when I'm feeling better mentally. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Needless to say I probably won't be around as much, but may pop in from time to time. Thanks for all your support, and I wish you all the best of luck!

:dust:

Jewels :hug: I am so sorry you are having such a rough time off your medication. I know how rough it can be but for what it's worth I think you're doing the right thing.
Also, I don't know how you feel about this, but there are other anti-depressants that are safe to take while pregnant, maybe you can talk to your doctor and switch to one of those.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Take care and good luck. Hope to see you back very soon. :hugs:

Jewels :hug: I am so sorry you are having such a rough time off your medication. I know how rough it can be but for what it's worth I think you're doing the right thing.
Also, I don't know how you feel about this, but there are other anti-depressants that are safe to take while pregnant, maybe you can talk to your doctor and switch to one of those.

I'm definitely going to tell the doctor to give me one that is deemed safe during pregnancy, so if I do decide to stay on them through pregnancy, I won't have to worry about it! :hugs:

I'm definitely going to tell the doctor to give me one that is deemed safe during pregnancy, so if I do decide to stay on them through pregnancy, I won't have to worry about it! :hugs:

Good idea. I mean I'm still going to worry being on Prozac while pg but after tons of reassurances, I'm starting to feel better about it. I've been hospitalized twice and pretty much non-functional when the depression hits, so it would be kinda dangerous for me to start fooling around with my meds. Whatever you decide to do, it'll be the right decision. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->