Blighted Ovum- anyone help?

Minimin

Reaction score
I've just been told I have a b/o. I started spotting yesterday which turned a bit red last night but nothing since. I have had some major cramps during the day which went on and off and then nothing since.

Has anyone had a b/o- can you share your experiences?

I am 7+2 atm but GS measures around 5-6weeks.

Thanks
minimin

So sorry hunni, not had experience but someone will be able to help. Hugs xxx

So sorry Minmin you're going through this, have no experience of b/o xx

hunny i am so so sorry to hear that :( :hugs:

I was told at my 11 week scan id had a blighted ovum. I had really irregular cycles and wasnt sure how far along i was, i was never sent for a dating scan, and my doctor decided i was "about 5 weeks" based on hpt saying "3+ weeks". At my scan the sac measured 17 weeks I was absolutely heartbroken.

what's going to happen next for you? i was told i could wait for things to happen naturally or have an erpc. I went for the erpc as nothing seemed to be happening, and couldnt bear the thought of being pregnant a second longer, with no baby growing inside me :(

Thinking of you hun, so so sorry again :( xxx

Oh Minimin - I am so very sorry :hugs:

hx

So Sorry Mini :-( x x x sending a massive cuddle ur way chick x x x

i too had a bo i was 10 weeks before i started spotting, i passed the placenta and sac at home 6 days later then the next day had a dnc to remove the remaining bits of tissue (just wanted it all over with) mine was in november left it a month before ttc again and we are still ttc now, cycles went back to normal pretty much straight away, but i have had a bit of trouble since, i had ecoli and had a bit of bleeding after sex for a few months but everything has settled down now so hoping won't be ttc for much longer, if you need a chat or rant then feel free to send them my way know what you are going through, sorry for your loss hun, lots of hugs xxxx

aw hun, im so so sorry 4 ur loss. i had a blighted ovum , i found out at my 12 week scan, it was the worst thing me and my 0h have ever experienced. all those days u wake up and imagine it there and then nothing.....i really feel 4 u honey....but everyday u will get stronger. i never thought i would get through it but i am getting stronger every day. thinkin of u babe xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Selina and xGemxGemx!
I am still not bleeding alot- most of it I catch when I go the the bathroom and wipe. I am still getting tons of cramps etc. I do hope it gets itself sorted asap! Like you Selina- I think we will wait to see how quickly this is resolved before ttc again. I am thinking of taking abreak until June but I am not sure I am going to be able to do that. I am so determined after all this crap to get pregnant and stay pregnant. I just hate that when I do- I will once again be worried about the pregnancy being an Ectopic and then Miscarrying early and then if it is a blighted Ovum- I think I am going to have to ask for weekly scans until I get to 20 weeks!

Oh Minimin hunni, I'm so sorry to hear this :hugs:. I am still not entirely sure if I had a blighted ovum or not. Those words weren't mentioned to me (in fact I was just told miscarriage and only saw the description missed miscarriage when I opened the sealed letter the EPU had given me to give to my doctor - I wanted to know what it said!). However, I was told that I had an 18mm gestational sac with yolk sac but no fetal pole. So a sac measuring 7+ weeks with nothing in it. I was 11 weeks by the time I found out at an early scan. Until that time all I had was brown, occasionally red spotting (midwife told me not to worry!) so it sounds similar to what you're experiencing. I had a follow-up scan at 12 weeks and no change so was booked in for an ERPC the next day. The morning of the op I did start to bleed a little more heavily and when they gave me the tablets to soften the cervix I immediately started cramping and I'm sure I passed the sac in the toilet with a lot of blood. I still had the ERPC to make sure it was all gone. Not sure if this is any help to you but I would say at 7 weeks you could still have a long wait to MC naturally. As for trying again hun, if you're anything like me I just wanted to be pregnant again so badly nothing could stop me (just need the BFP now!). xxx

Thanks for sharing TripleB- sounds like a similar situation. I think MMC and blighted ovum is the same thing- MMC can cover a range of conditions but B/O tells you what was actually wrong. at 7 weeks you would expect to see HB and fetal pole at the very least.
I am sorry you had to go through all that :hugs: Because of my MC and EP they monitored me closely. I have still got just brown discharge at the moment. More cramps and a weird pain in my cervix area- did you have that? I have to wait until Friday to see the EPU where we will decide whether the pregnancy has passed or to remove it surgically then.
This is so horrible just waiting for it all to pass- it is so hard to move on until it does.:cry:
I hope your BFP is just around the corner- I am stalking you ladies on the TTCAL chart thread :)
Minimin

No problem Min, a problem shared....:hugs:. I had the brown spotting pretty much from the moment I found out I was pregnant around 5 weeks (I'd had a light bleed which I thought was AF then when it disappeared I tested and BFP). That's the only thing I really remember from weeks 5 to 11 (I had a slightly heavier bleed at 11 weeks which was what eventually convinced me to get an early scan). Cramp-wise these only started after we'd had the news that it didn't look good. I don't know whether it was in my head but it seemed that as soon as I found out there was nothing growing, my body started to behave differently, like it somehow wanted to let it go. However, a week later despite increasing cramps I still hadn't passed anything other than the brown spotting getting heavier (with a bit of red) so I went the ERPC route. Given how quickly things moved within 5 mins of taking the pre-op tablets I'm sure I was on the verge of miscarrying naturally though - I was wheeled to the theatre with those sexy net knickers on and a huge pad as I was bleeding heavily. In hindsight, the tablets might have been enough but I was all prepped by then and wanted it to be over, it was the right decision for me.

The waiting is the hardest - that week between scans was just a blur for me so I really feel for you hun. Still I think I mourn the lost time as much as the lost hopes but I'm sure with your past losses you know this only too well.

I hope Friday comes quickly for you hun and you can make the decision that's right for you. Will look forward to chartstalking with you on the other thread for your next and very sticky BFP.

xxx

PS. I never thought of BO being a type of MMC - makes perfect sense to me now - thanks!

https://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/

I am so sorry to hear of your troubles sweetie. I too was told BO when I went for my 10+ week scan to make sure everything was ok before proceeding with the cerclage surgery the next day. I got a second opinion because I was unsure of this diagnosis, but unfortunately, it turned out to be correct diagnosis for me, and since I had no symptoms I was going to start a m/c on my own, and doc thought it may be dangerous to wait too long, I scheduled my D&C. Sun I spiked a fever and had severe back pain, so they put me in and did the D&C earlier to prevent infection. I put a link in this post for you, that site helped me tremendously. A lot of women going through this have gone on to find their babies later. Some not so lucky. But give it a look see... I am praying for you and sending many hugs your way...

Thanks thelistkeeper. I have also come across that site and found the stories on there comforting. I am sure I am going to be in the correctly diagnosed category as I have some major cramps and brown bleeding atm. I am hoping the MC happens soon as I am tired of waiting and now want it over and done with.
I am sorry you also had to go through this awful time and I hope we soon can be blessed with our own little one :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->