Blighted ovum anyone?

Kelly9

Reaction score
So finally after some bleeding at 5+3 then brown spotting for 9 days I got a scan and we saw an empty gestational sac when I should have been 7 weeks. I'm fairly certain of my dates due to using opks and keeping track of when we DTD etc though I guess I could be a few days off if implantation was late.

Anyway beta at 5+5 was 12935 nice and normal range. 9 days later it was only 16008 so an increase of only 3000 in 9 days no where near where it should have been for being 7 weeks pregnant. Anyway then yesterday I had the scan showing an empty sac no yoke sac or fetal pole. They did a pelvic scan and a transvaginal. But my hcg for yesterday came back at nearly 20,000 so a 4000 increase in 2 days which is a normal increase given that once you get an hcg over 10,000 it can take 4 or more days to double.

I guess I'm wondering what the chances are we could still end up seeing a baby in a week or two. I've opted for the wait and see approach with follow up blood work and scan in a week or twos time. I really don't think we'll see anything but weirder things have happened I suppose.

dint want to read and run, im so sorry you are going through this ... no experience with blighted ovum, cant help you there.
hope you find your bean soon ( you are in my prayers)

i suffered a blighted ovum in sep and waited and misscarried naturally in nov,
i had 3 scans all which showed empty sdacs, sac stopped growing around 6.5 eeks with a size of like 21mm.

it was a painful misscarriage as i have never suffered one before this.

im so sorry your going threw this

also my levels were high also but once bleeding started they dropped and kept dropping. i didnt bleed alot just lots of clotting, but i had scan 2 days after clotting happened and they said it had come away and not muich left, it started on a sun and was ended by the thurs

I'm sorry you are going through this. I had a Bo in jan diagnosed at 9.+4 on scan. I had a d&c at 10+2. I work in home care and couldn't deal with a natural mc if I was working when it happened. Plus I just wanted to get back to trying as soon as possible. And here I am! Got BFP on mar 27. I have my 7'week scan in a few days and am praying there is something inside this sac. Again, so sorry. If it is a Bo, you will be back here soon. But take the time you need to grieve. Hugs!

Oh one more thing. The sac was measured at 7+4 so my body definitely wasn't recognizing it. I'm not sure how long it would have taken to mc naturally, if it would of happened at all.

I've had 3 blighted ovums (as well as 5 other m/c) and they were all diagnosed by lower rising hCG levels and an ultrasound showing an empty sac measuring much less than it should have (usually 2 weeks less according to my dates). I started bleeding between 7-8weeks each time and they were actually my easiest miscarriages. Felt more like a period than a miscarriage to tell you the truth and had only minor bleeding/cramping for a week. For me, my BOs were diagnosed via ultrasound and I was either already bleeding or started bleeding the same day so I've never had to wait much more than a day.

I forgot to ask how big my sac measured. I likely won't be back in first tri for a while my husband and I have make factor infertility. This bfp was a miracle surprise for us. I hope it'll happen again but it will likely take a while.

I'm trying to decide if I just want to take the pills I was given to induce a miscarriage as my hcg is still rising or if I want to wait for the next scan to reconfirm. I keep flip flopping over what to do.

wait it out if you can, i had 3 scans from 5 weeks to 10 weeks, at my 9 week scan when they said sac was only measurring 6 weeks ish, i was like ok yep and went to book in for d an c but i started cramping fw days later and it happened on its own was more natural

I can't have an D&C ever due to bleeding risk plus I don't want the scaring either that one can cause. I'll wait for a bit to see if it happens on it's own but if not I'll just take the medication they prescribed to get things going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->