• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blighted ovum at 10 weeks and feeling alone

PhotoPassion

Reaction score
I just went to my 10 week appointment today and found out I had a blighted ovum. It was horrible seeing that dark empty sac when I really wasn't expecting it! I think it was around 8 weeks in size with nothing inside.

I had my appointment with the ultrasound people separate from my doctor and I never received a call or anything (it's Friday, I guess?!) I really want to get a D & C as soon as possible so should I just wait until Monday when they call? I'm terrified I will start to miscarry on my own and I really don't want to go through that. I'm so frustrated they didn't call and tell me what to do or anything!

On a separate note, I had to go to the appointment with my 10 month old son by myself. I told my husband the news and he's still at work 4 hours later than normal working on something "important." He never comes home that late and I'm extremely annoyed and hurt that his family doesn't come first in a situation like this. (I don't think he's staying there because he doesn't want to face the news... it's probably just not as big of a deal to him since we can always have another).

Just needed to vent I guess:(

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

I went to scan on Tuesday and it confirmed BO measuring 7w5d at 11w.

I have an apt on Tuesday to discuss my mc options , I'm still fine, I had a tiny brown discharge yesterday only and I don't think I will mc before my apt,

If I start to bleed I'm planning to go to ER, I'm hypotensive in general, so it's better for me to be in the hospital .

Sorry about your husband :hugs: I think he is in shock , hubby reacts so bad in those situations, this is my second mmc, last time I was shocked from his reaction but it turned out that he needed time to take in what was going on xx

I'm sorry : ( I had a hard time with my DHs reaction too. They just deal with things differently...I think they feel helpless and awkward as they watch us go through it. It was very hard on our relationship for a few months, and my husband still doesn't understand my on going depression over it. It's hard to feel alone when you are suffering so much. Give him some time and try to open up to him.....let him know what you need from him, he might not know.

I had a DnC as well, after going through the miscarriage at home. DnC does have some benifits....not as emotionally draining. I hope you get your appt soon! You can always vent here and get support from these lady's.

Omar's mom...I'm sad to see about your 2nd MMC. I'm so sorry you are going through it again : (

Thanks for the kind thoughts. I'm sorry you're going through this too omarsmom. It's hard making it so far thinking everything is going fine and then to find there's not even a baby in there is rough.

The hubby at least apologized for the work and brought home flowers. I'm feeling a little better about it today and I'm honestly just ready to get through the procedure and start trying again. I'm doing my best to stay positive and plan to start working on some of my painting projects that I had put off while I was pregnant. I still really wish I had my little baby in there but I guess it's just not to be this time:(

I'm going through the same thing. It's devastating. I have a scan on 28th to confirm a blighted ovum and I will book in a D&C as soon as possible. I've started spotting but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. My head is all over the place, I'm also scared to MC at home xxx

Yes, I think the D&C will be the best option for me too. Seeing nothing at all on the screen when you feel and look pregnant is definitely the worst!

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I went in for my first scan on January 7th at 8w2d and found out I had a BO that stopped growing at 6 weeks. It's terrible. Nothing prepares you for that awful blank screen and the technician's bland emotionless face.

My miscarriage happened naturally 6 days later, but if it hadn't started on it's own, I would have requested a D&C. The miscarriage was painful and scary, but in some ways I'm glad it happened naturally and my body did what it needed to do - strangely empowering. But there's no "right" way to deal with this.

I'm so sorry, again. It's terrible - you want to grieve the loss of your much-wanted baby, but you find there's no baby in there....it's hard.

I'm 10 weeks 3 days today and still no sign of the miscarriage starting yet. My doctor's office is taking their sweet time in getting back to me about my options. If I could go get my D & C now I would. Sitting here "pregnant" with my empty uterus is the worst feeling ever. I can't believe my body hasn't gotten the hint yet!

I read in an article that by 10 weeks if you haven't had any bleeding, then the chance of something being wrong at the ultrasound is only 5%. As you all know, it's such a crazy feeling falling in that 5%. Whoever really thinks that they will be the one this happens to?

Anyways, vent over I guess. Just trying to kill time until this "pregnancy" is over. I hope the rest of you going through this are holding up ok.

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow & still no signs of a mc.

Did you give birth to your son naturally or CS?

With my son I had an emcs, I don't dilate or get contractions. With my previous mc I was given cytotec but I didn't dilate at all. So for me I'm not expecting to mc naturally, my apt is tomorrow. I will update once I get some answers.

Hi, girls I just wanted to say that my heart goes with you. I wish people did not have to go through this. I personally needed IVF to get pregnant and I waited 7 years for that moment. I was terrified from the moment I saw the positive test that I might have miscarried her.

I prey you never go through this again.

:* :* :* :*

I had him naturally. I think my doctor is going to be reluctant to do the D&C which is really frustrating.

I understand photopassion...I was in that 5% too....now those statistics mean nothing to me. I'm so sorry you are waiting.....it's the worst. I hope that we can all have a happy out come at some point.

Update: the sac is high and is still growing, my cervix is close & tight but short, I have an apt on Thursday morning, the dr will apply cytotec internally & will give me oral pills then will send me home, then I will have to go again in the evening. He told me that the waiting will not cause any complications although there is a bleed behind the sac that is causing the spotting

I hope that gets things started for you! I talk to my doctor again tomorrow. I hope they have some sort of plan for me other than more waiting!

I just started bleeding. And so it begins, I guess. Looks like no D & C :(

It was just a little spotting last night. No cramps or bleeding so far today. My doctor's office called and my HCG is down to 16,000... not sure how helpful that is though. They aren't giving me any options other than to just wait it out so I guess that's what I'm going to do. I also got a call for an interview tomorrow. I hated to pass up the opportunity so I said yes, but I'm terrified it will start tomorrow!

How are things going for you?

Nothing yet, just the spotting on & off. With my last mc it was the same, spotting on & off for 4 weeks before the D&C

My apt is tomorrow morning and I'm really scared.

I went to the mall today & walked for 3 hrs, I had a tiny spot of the panty liner when I came back.

I hope nothing starts for you tomorrow & your interview goes well :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->