blighted ovum!

lopsypops

ttc after miscarriage
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Firstly I'd like to say sorry for your losses.
I went for a scan on Monday morning as had been spotting, should have been 10+3 weeks but all that could been seen was a gestational sac measuring 6 weeks. Im having a follow up scan Monday coming.
Today I have been passing small clots about the size of a 10p coin when going to the bathroom so I know I'm beginning to miscarry. I'm having cramps and back pain but not much bleeding.
I'm scared about the whole thing as this is my first miscarriage and don't know what to expect :(

I'm the same as you pretty much. I have no idea what to expect either. I just want it over quickly. I'm not really cramping yet but am meant to go to hospital tomorrow morning (it's night time here in NZ) I'm scared.

I'm so sorry for both of you. The grief feels especially unbearable for the first few weeks in the beginning, but it will improve at some point and you'll have some better days although certain things trigger crying for me still.

Different women have very different experience in terms of the amount and duration of bleeding and cramps. If you bleed profusely (like soak two pads in 1-2 hours), then you should go to the hospital. In my case, the mc did not resolve naturally after a couple of weeks (my hcg levels were still high), so I had to have a d&c. The bleeding was over for me in 1.5 weeks, but most women that I've heard of stopped bleeding in a couple days. Some bleed quite awhile longer. As far as the procedure, don't be scared. It wasn't bad for most people I know. Just tired snd maybe mild cramping. I felt relieved when it was all over, got my a bfn in 2 weeks and first af in 4 weeks. Don't have sex until the bleeding is over/2 wks so you don't get an infection and I think they said limited activity/exercise for 2 wks so you heal faster.

Those are the general guidelines that I often hear, but doctors vary. That's about all I have as far as what to expect, but every woman varies. And your next cycles are often different that usual in terms of how long and how much you bleed. Unfortunately, it's kind of a waiting game. Hope that helps with the anticipation anxiety. Sorry it was long. It gets better. Hang in there. xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->