Bling dummies

I

Ilikecake

What are your opinions on them?

I noticed a group on Facebook which is trying to stop businesses selling dummies with gems on.

Personally I agree with the page, I cannot stand them and I think they're extremely unsafe no matter how strong the glue apparently is. JMO but I think they're quite tacky as well.

Do you use them/like them etc?

I'm with you - I don't like them and definately wouldn't use them.

They just aren't to my taste.

I haven't heard anything about them being a safety risk but it makes sense. Not sure if they are meant to be used all the time/without supervision though. They are just like a dressing up outfit accessory to me, and I would treat them as such - not letting a baby play with/have it at all times and especially not at night. Only for "special occasions".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-15985469
Some have actually been seized.

A lot of pages state they're keepsakes and then go on to ask if the baby is fussy with teat sizes as they can do different dummies...which to me screams they're going to be used.

I dont do dummies but would be concerned if them diamonds would come off and choke my child.

I dont like the look of them and always thought how could they be safe with little jewels stuck on.

I don't believe for one minute that anyone buys them for the intention of a keepsake.

Baby booties - yes
Baby's 1st blanket - yes
Baby socks - yes
Bling dummy - Uhhhh wtf?

I remember seeing one for the first time on Big Fat Gypsy Wedding last year or the year before and thinking I'd expect nothing less really and they seem to be popping up everywhere since.
It's clearly a (supposed) baby fashion statement.

Think I'd rather my child suck their thumb :haha:

I never used dummies but I really don't like the look of these ones x

I can't believe people actually use them. The first time I saw one I thought it was gorgeous and I wanted to buy one - I just assumed the 'jewels' were moulded into the plastic or perhaps just an effect. I was shocked to learn people actually buy them knowing they're just glue/hotfix.
Lucas used to take his dummy out and chew on the outside when he was teething. It doesn't bare thinking!

I don't know what the right word is but i don't "approve" of dummies full stop.

This tho, is just insane! how could anyone be so stupid.

I've never been been keen on dummies either, they sound awfully tacky and unsafe though so I agree with the fb page.

I love dummies personally, they were a god send for us. But these are just awful, and so unsafe :nope:

I don't have anything against normal dummies...my life would be hell without them :haha: but I'm shocked there are actually people who think bling dummies are safe

Here's the FB link if anyone is interested https://www.facebook.com/pages/BAN-Bling-Dummy-Selling-Pages/187495234691951?ref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ban-the-Ban-bling-dummy-selling-pages-page/185866758187373?ref=ts

The girls have a dummy and someone brought them a dummy each like this. I did use them but one gem fell off and I stopped using them all together, luckily they didn't swallow it or chew the outside of the dummy (my girls haven't ever done this) but I stopped using them asap. They aren't safe at all

I personally have never liked these types of dummies, Oliver has been known to chew the outside of his dummy when he is teething also.

I don't think the people making these types of things have sat down and worked out if there are risks involved, I think they just make them to make money.

I dont like dummys full stop tbh but these just scream hazzard! The gems coming offcould be swalled or inhaled! Wayyy to dangerous..

People will fit to keep these yet when there is a recall on a cot/pushchair everyone goes mad agreeing the recall because it could/has harmed a child but hey if its in the name of bling lets keep it!

(not saying thats anyone on here just saying lol)

I have nothing against dummies personally, 2 out of 3 of my kids used them but the ones the group is showing just screams tack to me. I really don't like the look of them and can't see how they can even be considered safe.

I have nothing against dummies as some babies just need to comfort suck but these are just awful and sooooooooooo dangerous. People really need to put their brains in gear xx

i love dummies-godsend.
but those jewelled ones are awful, have chav written allover them. i just dont get why anyone would even want thier baby to have that in their mouth. ive ssen them loads where i live and i cringe!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->