Bliss - one to one nursing campaign

ALI

Reaction score
During her first two years our Charlotte has been re-admitted to Hospital twice , for 3 or 4 days, once with a water infection and once a chest infection .

Because babies are not given one to one nursing care, like may other parents one of us had to be by her side 24-7. One of us would be at the hospital 9 am till early evening and the other would do the night shift, sleeping in a put up bed overnight until 9 am the next morning. There would be time for a quick shower in the hospital and then a drive to work, on very little sleep as the ward was noisy.

Why is it that a child or an adult admitted to intensive care can expect one to one nursing care, but a baby cannot?
Experts say that sick and premature babies in intensive care need one to one nursing care as a minimum.

But only a handful of hospitals say they have the nurses to provide this level of care.

Bliss believes that this is not fair and that all babies deserve the best possible start in life.

Bliss is leading a coalition of groups who agree and are calling upon the Government and healthcare providers for action to address this situation.

These groups are The Royal College of Nursing, The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, The Neonatal Nurses Association, The British Association of Perinatal Medicine, The Scottish Neonatal Nurses Group, The Scottish Neonatal Consultants Group and Tinylife, the Premature Baby Charity for Northern Ireland.

But they need your help to deliver the message.

If you agree that it is not fair that babies receive a lower level of nursing care than children and adults, then please click on the link below and help support BLISS for action. It will send your vote for action to your local MP and the Health minster . you just need to enter your details and post code

https://e-activist.com/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.campaign.id=1315

WWW.BLISS.ORG.UK

I've tried to do it as it's a subject I feel very strongly about as Findlay has been admitted to hospital 3 times since he came home to us.

When I tried to do it it kept coming up saying "We have not been able to identify anybody based on the information you have entered " :growlmad:

I have signed it chick x

Thanks for signing all,

the link should work but if not it can be accessed via the main BLISS website , it is a very important issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->