Blocked Tube

europa59

Reaction score
I had an hsg test this morning. My uterus and my right tube are normal, but my left tube is 100% blocked.

I'm trying to look at this rationally and know that I can still get pregnant off the right ovary, but it's hard right now.

Any advice or suggestions?

I have heard of women trying to naturally unblock their fallopian tubes.

Here is an article I found about using apple cider vinegar (also mentions at the end the success rate of pelvic physical therapy/massage) https://www.livestrong.com/article/552445-does-apple-cider-vinegar-unblock-fallopian-tubes/

In June of 2011, I had my left tube removed and my ovary dissected (a collapsed vein wrapped around it after a failed ectopic surgery). I was so worried about concieving. In August- so 2 months later- and after my first period post surgery, I concieved my darling Juliette who is now fast asleep next to me as I type this. So there ya go, some hope! :)

My doctor also told me that if I was ever having difficulting ttc, they could do monthly ultrasounds to let me know what side I was ovulating on to up my chances, etc. But I obviously didnt have difficulty. But that may be something worth talking to your doc about!

My right tube is blocked but I've managed to get pregnant 5 times with it being that way...

You can get pregnant with 1 tube as the pp's said (I did as well). Also there are procedures that have a high success rate to unblock your tube if you can research where it is available. My remaining tube was blocked and they cleared it at the same time they were removing my other tube (and ectopic pregnancy).

Sometimes a tube can't be unblocked. Please dont try any "at home" remedies though !

I have one blocked tube, they assume i always have, i had 4 children naturally before experiencing secondary infertility. I finally had an HSG that showed both tubes were blocked, i had basically a second HSG that reopened one of my blocked tubes and got pregnant again

Dont worry about trying to unblock it. It might take longer, it might not. In theory it will but sometimes the body compensates and you only ovulate on the open side instead of every other side.

Also i too would monitor at least 2 cycles with ultrasounds if at all possible to see if you're ovulating on both sides, one side and so you know whats going on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->