Blocked tubes - IVF only possibility??

reddysgirl

ttc #1 for 3 1/2 years
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for advice really. I have recently found out after my HyCosy appointment that I have completely blocked tubes and a possible cyst on one of my ovaries. I have been put on the waiting list for Laparoscopy, to confirm they are blocked. I'm not sure if they will try to unblock my tubes or whether the procedure is to confirm they are definitely blocked before being put on the waiting list for IVF. :shrug:

Anyone else been in this situation??? Any advice would be grately received.

xxxx

hi there, sorry to hear your news. I'm in the same boat. I had a laparoscopy in September and found out that both my tubes are blocked. Was a complete shock!!! Dh has fertility issues and we just didnt think there would be something wrong with me too as I have a 12 year old daughter. Just have gone through our first round of ICSI. Best of luck with what u decide to do. I know its the worst news to cope with but it does get easier to accept. I was devastated when i found out but just have to get along with it now!!!!

we had to have IVF to conceive our daughter - it was the only option for us.
My second laparoscopy found that both my tubes were blocked, each at both ends as they are both thinner than they should be so got blocked and damaged.
I did have a dye test before which they said could have unblocked them but it didnt work for me.

Good luck

we had to have IVF to conceive our daughter - it was the only option for us.
My second laparoscopy found that both my tubes were blocked, each at both ends as they are both thinner than they should be so got blocked and damaged.
I did have a dye test before which they said could have unblocked them but it didnt work for me.

Good luck

Thanks so much for your response. Congratulations on your IVF success!
Did you have to wait long to get IVF? The waiting to find out everything is torture!

I'm hoping the laparoscopy will come round quick so at least they can either clear the blcokage or we can start IVF. The consultant said that my ovaries and uterus look fine, so hopefully if I do have to have IVF it will be successful - fingers crossed.

xxxx

my last laparoscopy was in july 2007 - we were told in our follow up appointment they were giving us a year off as we had had about 4 years of tests, investigations, operations and appointments. i think they were also seeing if we would naturally conceive. we hadn't heard anything from the hospital by dec 2008 so i contacted them. we then had a few months of nothing except a couple of blood tests but out of the blue we got a letter from bourn hall in august 2009 inviting us to a seminar in september 09 - we went and had an appointment with our consultant the following week. it must have been fate because it all fell into place that i was in the perfect time in my cycle to start treatment and they had a cancellation so we started treatment that day! so from starting treatment to giving birth was 11 months!
one thing i will say is make sure your bmi is perfect - i had to lose over a stone but that was no big deal considering what it was for.
ours had the perfect result but it isn't easy - the drugs can make you feel horrid and people say stupid things (my little sister said the ultimate 'don't think about it and it will happen.' but she has 2 children without trying!) but as long as you and your partner are in it together you will get through it.
please feel free to ask me any questions - if your partner wants to know anything from the male point of view i'll pass it on to my oh as they can get a little left out.

Reddysgirl - I'm not sure but during my HSG it was determined that both my tubes were blocked then I was scheduled for a Lap & Hysteroscopy where they were both unblocked!!!! Now we are doing Clomid and IUI. Fingers crossed that it works :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my last laparoscopy was in july 2007 - we were told in our follow up appointment they were giving us a year off as we had had about 4 years of tests, investigations, operations and appointments. i think they were also seeing if we would naturally conceive. we hadn't heard anything from the hospital by dec 2008 so i contacted them. we then had a few months of nothing except a couple of blood tests but out of the blue we got a letter from bourn hall in august 2009 inviting us to a seminar in september 09 - we went and had an appointment with our consultant the following week. it must have been fate because it all fell into place that i was in the perfect time in my cycle to start treatment and they had a cancellation so we started treatment that day! so from starting treatment to giving birth was 11 months!
one thing i will say is make sure your bmi is perfect - i had to lose over a stone but that was no big deal considering what it was for.
ours had the perfect result but it isn't easy - the drugs can make you feel horrid and people say stupid things (my little sister said the ultimate 'don't think about it and it will happen.' but she has 2 children without trying!) but as long as you and your partner are in it together you will get through it.
please feel free to ask me any questions - if your partner wants to know anything from the male point of view i'll pass it on to my oh as they can get a little left out.

Thats not long at all - like you say it must have been fate!

Thanks for your advice, I will let you know how things go at my next appointment on Monday and I may come back to you with more questions. Its nice to be able to speak to someone who has gone through the same thing, because sometimes even doctors don't understand how you feel.

xxxx

Reddysgirl - I'm not sure but during my HSG it was determined that both my tubes were blocked then I was scheduled for a Lap & Hysteroscopy where they were both unblocked!!!! Now we are doing Clomid and IUI. Fingers crossed that it works :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks hun, you just made me feel a lot more positive!! :hugs:

Its so nice to hear from others with the same experience, because sometimes this journey can be so lonely when the people around you have no idea what it feels like.

xxx

Thanks hun, you just made me feel a lot more positive!! :hugs:

Its so nice to hear from others with the same experience, because sometimes this journey can be so lonely when the people around you have no idea what it feels like.

xxx[/QUOTE]

I completly understan!!!!! I feel that I'm on this forum all the time but I think it's because I feel like I can speak freely here without everyone knowing what's going on. I definitley believe anything can happen, so we can not give up hope!!!!

Best of luck ladies.. I have no tube now due to 3 ectopics two in one tube and 1 in the other IVF is our only option now. Just praying and hoping it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->