Blood at 8 weeks?

MiasMum

Reaction score
I had a private scan last Saturday when I was 8+3 to quit my worrying. This is an ivf pregnancy.
Everything looked great, measuring well, heartbeat seen and heard.
Then Sunday I have a small amount of bleeding. Just when I wiped. Red and snotty. Sorry tmi. It was hardly nothing and after just a small amount of brown.
The clinic told me not to worry as its very common. Im using progesterone pessaries and ive heard this can cause some bleeding due to irritation.
I have no blood now but im petrified, I was so happy after the scan on saturday and now I just feel helpless again.
I have my first midwife appointment Friday so I guess all I can do is mention it to her.
Does anyone know if seeing a heartbeat at 8 weeks reduces the risk of miscarriage? Im terrified the baby has died inside me and ill have to wait until 12 week scan to find out :'(

I can't give much advice because this isn't an ivf pregnancy, but I can say I had my first scan at 7 weeks 5 days, a few days after I had cramping and some bleeding so I was booked in for another scan which I had just yesterday, I was petrified of another loss but everything is progressing well. I know my experience and anyone else's won't change it happening to you but it's probably nothing to worry about and I'm sure you'll see your little bub on your next ultrasound! Seeing the heartbeat does reduce the risk of a miscarriage yes. Try and stay positive and like you said it could be the pessaries. :hugs:

I know its probably nothing but im a natural worrier anyway. Ill talk to the midwife when I see her friday but I feel im going to worry until another scan. Everything was great saturday so I just have to believe it still is x

Once you see a heartbeat, the risk of miscarriage drops from 15-25% to 5%, so yes, that's a significant reduction you can feel good about. Progesterone and transvaginal ultrasounds can irritate your cervix, and cause a bit of bleeding.

My ultrasound was abdominal so it cant be that. Im guessing if it was really bad id have pain and lots of blood.
All blood has stopped now and was only a tiny amount in the first place

Did you have more than 1 embryo implanted? I did and I've bled LOADS, I've m/c'd one of the embryos and the u/s tech saw the little sac of fluid that was what he thought causing the bleed. He said it's not attached to my baby and not to worry.
There is alot of implantation bleeding that can go on.
Saying that, my last pregnancy was m/c'd at 8+weeks. I think it was due to egg quality as this is what I struggle with in my DOR diagnosis. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. If you have cramping and more bleeding lie down immediately, it slows the bleeding and really alleviates any cramping.

I had bleeding earlier on, between 5 and 6 weeks. The clinic said they think it was one of my blasts coming away - we had 2.
No bleeding for 3 weeks and now this tiny amount. I mean really tiny amount. When I told the clinic they said not to be at all worried and my partner said he is not worried at all either x

Erm, when I had my scan a week ago and saw heartbeat te nurse said the risk of miscarriage drops to 1% once heard heartbeat and puts me in a completely different category now :))))

So heartbeat is good. Bleeding for me has never been good but then never seen heartbeat before :)) xx

Well, I've heard 5%. So there!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: Either way, once you see the heartbeat, the risk goes way down!

I've had spotting since week 5 (and I've had 4-5 moderate bleeds - bright red with teeny tiny clots). I have a subchorionic hemorrhage that is healing, and even with that they told me at my 10 week scan that at this point (with a strong heartbeat and baby was wiggling all over the place) my chance of miscarriage is 3% or lower. And I still spot from time to time. I'm still nervous, but not in a complete and total panic like I was. Plus, I have a doppler (sonoline b) and that helped ease my mind 100%!!

I am a worrier ... just need to stop I guess, it was such a small amount of blood. I guess ive waited so long im terrified of things going wrong!

When did you first hear heartbeat on doppler? Is 9 weeks too early?

I started searching and searching during week 7, and finally found the HB at 8w5d (took 45 minutes that day, but I found it). Some women say they can't find it until 10+ weeks though. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->