• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blood clot at 6 weeks pp?

leoeps1982

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

Backstory: I had a c-section 6 weeks ago, because ultrasound estimated my baby to be 11 pounds. They weren't too far off, he was 10.5 pounds. It was a surprise since I didnt have GD and gained only 26 pounds for the whole pregnancy.

Anyways, in the couple hours after the c-section, I passed some big clots, which they fussed about. My doctor said it was probably due to the fact that I had a big baby, and my uterus got super big. After day 2 pp, my bleeding was fairly light, mostly brown. I had increased brown spotting when breastfeeding.

Then, at 4 weeks pp I passed a golf ball sized clot, and had a few days of red bleeding, again in gushes. I didn't fill a pad or anything, it wasn't nearly as heavy as first days of AF are. I called my doctor, he said it was normal.

Then, the bleeding seemed to taper off, very light brown, even just yellow for a day or two. At my 6 week pp appointment, the doctor said my uterus has fully contracted. He did a pap smear (routine) and he found a golf ball sized clot wedged in there (in my cervix), which he removed. He said that a clot this far pp is concerning, particularly because my uterus was so small already. He ordered blood test for anemia and pregnancy hormones, and depending on those results he may send me for a sonogram. He also said its possible the clot was there for a while. He said I can resume all activities except for intercourse. :(

Anyone have a big clot this far along pp? Also I am EBF, which I know can cause prolonged brown spotting. Its the clots that I am concerned about.

hey! Well i know that a nickel size clot is OK but since it was a golf sized one i'm surprised ur dr hasnt sent u for an ultrasound yet! I think u have to do an ultrasound asap just to rule out any retained products.. thats all the info i can give u :) good luck hun..hope everything turns out well for u

I am also EBF and spotted for a long time and then stopped for few days..and now looks like i'm bleeding again! :( frustration!

Thanks for the reply.
I thought if you have a c-section, you shouldn't have any retained products. He mentioned that my placenta was analyzed in a lab (standard procedure) and there were no abnormalities.

I just hope that the clot was stuck there from the bleed at 4 weeks pp. Because there was no red blood before or after he pulled the clot out. Im not sure how long a clot can be stuck up there.

Hope your bleeding stops soon too.

I heard that about csections too! Hopefully n I'm sure it's nothing serious but better get the sonogram soon just to know what's going on in there lol

I am almost 3 months pp in few days... I really hope my bleeding stops ! I'm so tired of having spotting and bleeding all this time! I had an ultrasound yesterday cause I was worried but I guess it's all hormonal!

Good luck let me know what happens with u ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->