Blood clot on placenta, anyone else??

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
Had my anomaly scan yesterday and it picked up I have quite a large blood clot on my placenta, as a result I have to have follow up scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks, to monitor baby's growth.

Just interested as to whether anyone else had this picked up on their scans? Xx

No experience but didnt want to read and run, big hugs :hugs: I'm glad they are keeping a close eye on you :flower:

I only found out I had a clot after I had a huge bleed at 14 weeks. I honestly thought I was miscarrying, it just poured out of me with no warning whatsoever.

The hospital didn't scan me and refused to until my 20 week scan as they said baby was alive and my cervix was closed which really pissed me off, especially as I was pregnant soon after my loss.

I paid for a private scan and they found straight away two blood clots, one over my cervix and another placenta based which explained my bleeding. They told me that there was no cause of concern and that I shouldn't be scared if I bled again, but to go and get checked. I was also told that by the 20 week scan it could have absorbed itself back into my body, which indeed it did.

Try not to worry, but keep an eye on any leaks and get checked out if you're worried. Fingers crossed it will absorb back :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->