Blood clots. TMI Alert, sorry.

Lawhra

NowProudMumOfTwo!!
Reaction score
Sorry to ask a yukky question, but I need to ask.

When having af, if you get clots, what consistency are they? Are they slightly solidified clots that easily disperse? Or Tough and like hard jelly? Are they big (bigger or the size of tip of finger)? or smaller? I know it is gross to some people but sometimes things need to be asked when you only have yourself to compare to :blush:

I know a lot of women have early miscarriages without even knowing. Which can often be resolved quite easily, but obviously needs discovering first! Which is why I am asking my rather personal question. I am wondering if that has happened to me this month, but need to know if it was just normal.

So, if anyone can please share their experiences I would be very gratefull :D

Hi hun i pass clots regularly and there about the size of a tic tac to be precise and they are like jelly...sometimes it happens if your a few days late for AF it can be a build up of old blood but if you are concerned hun you can always pop along to your GP for some advice... xxxx

Thank you. I did consider going to my GP but I wanted to try and assertain whether or not it is pretty normal for clots like the one I had first. I don't like feeling like i'm using his time for nothing.
I appreciate your reply, thank you :D

And any more would be great to help with a comparison.

No problem hun, i am the same with Drs too hun and they do say thats what they are there for :) hope you get it sorted soon :) xx

Hi,

I am on clomid and have found I am getting alot more clots since starting it.

Last month, I did get a very big (2cm?), hard jelly like clot. It just looked like a bit of womb to be honest! I didn't think about early miscarriage but its something to look out for again I suppose.

Hiya. I always have blood clots as I bleed really heavily. Some months they are bigger than others usually on longer cycles. They can be jelly like, like a small bit of liver or often quite stringy. I am not sure about m/c. hopefully it was just a heavy month. I get them every fourth or fifth, try not to worry hun. Sorry you have the witch staying

I get quite large stringy clots for about 2 days out of a 7 day cycle. They're about the size of a 2p piece so quite big I think. I wouldn't worry to much but it might be worth asking your GP next time your there hun x x

I just wanted to share my story with clots as well. I had a very very heavy period a month ago with alot of blood clots in it, I'm positive that it was whats called a chemical pregnancy or a missed misscariage. Its where the embryo doens't attach to the uterus, or there was something wrong genetically. Actually most women never know their pregnant. If they do its because they are charting and testing, like us. From research I knew I didn't need to go to the DR so I didn't. Well, when I started Clomid this month I had a very heavy period and had a big clot like several inches in length. I called the FS just to double check everything was ok and they said that cloting is perfectly normal during your period.

You should be able to call your dr without going in that way you aren't taking up much time if you still want to check with them.

Hope this has helped!

Thank you all so much for your help :hugs:

I now feel confident that it was just a normal period and i've nothing to worry about. I really do appreciate everyone sharing their experiences.

:) Thank You :)

I know it will be obvious when you tell me but what does tmi stand for?

Too Much Information. Sorry, i've seen other people use that warning so though I would warn people too. Although, to some it isn't too much info. It isn't to me! But not much bothers me (in the way of gross bodily things that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->