blood curdling scream

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
twice now my son has let out this blood curdling scream that comes from nowhere and his whole body tenses up likes he afraid of something.

the first time was in the bath, the second time was a few minutes ago we were just sitting on the floor together, he didnt get hurt or anything.
I cant figure out what it is, pain or fear. it seems more like fear.

has anyone had this or have any advice? should i go to the doctor about it?

Caitlyn gets like that when she feels like she's falling. Mostly in the bath.

Only once when his bathwater was too cold. Never again. It was quite frightening that one time that I heard it.

i thought it might be a falling thing but honestly he was sitting down, how could he have felt like he was falling. The water temp couldnt have been it coz today we were not in the bath *sigh*

I read babies constantly feel like they're falling if they don't feel secure.

Do you know, its funny you have posted this because yesterday Skye started screaming for no apparent reason, it was the same scream as when she got her jags so I thought my son had accidentally hurt her or something, but he hadnt, she was just screaming! I almost took her to the hospital...went on for a couple of minutes, me and OH checking her over. I put her on the boob and she went to sleep for an hour so I have no idea what it was?! Just put it down to painful wind...but was scary!

Do you know, its funny you have posted this because yesterday Skye started screaming for no apparent reason, it was the same scream as when she got her jags so I thought my son had accidentally hurt her or something, but he hadnt, she was just screaming! I almost took her to the hospital...went on for a couple of minutes, me and OH checking her over. I put her on the boob and she went to sleep for an hour so I have no idea what it was?! Just put it down to painful wind...but was scary!

i also thought maybe painful wind but usually at least my sons cries for wind are more short whines and not blood curdling screams! Do you think I should go to the doctor for this?

Is he alright in himself? Does he have a temp? Is he eating, and pooing? If everything else is fine I'd see if it happens again, or gets more frequent!

Maybe wear him in a sling to give him a sense of feeling safe,secure&loved.I also read like Toria about babies feeling like they are falling when feeling unsecure.

Yeah, as Toria said, if he seems fine otherwise, and its not becoming a regular thing then I would leave it personally, but if you are worried at all it never hurts to check. I didnt take Skye as she fell asleep and didnt do it again, but if she started doing it more I would take her.

Max dose this when he gets a " sneak up fart" lol I actually went to the DR after max did this 2 times in one day he got all red tense and screamed bloody murder enough for my neighbor to come see me lol

Turn out sometimes babies have what my DR calls "sneak up farts" they come out without them forcing and well it scares the poop out of them and sometimes (TMI) it hurts there lil anus so they scream ..

Just thought I d let you all know its pretty normal stuff :)

ffion also does this. mainly when shes in her bouncer or in the bath.. i agree that she feels like shes falling..

sometimes Alasdair does this if he's fallen asleep on me or OH then we've put him in his moses. He wakes up with really wide eyes, his arms fling out and he screams all at he same time. Sometimes if I shush him or put a hand on his chest he goes back over.

I can see why you're worried though, it's very scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->