• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

blood group... rhesus negative??

angel4eva

Reaction score
Ive just found out my bloody group and im rhesus negative, is this anything to worry about does anyone know?

Ive just entered my 2nd trimester :D

Basically what it means is if you have a baby with rhesus positive you could take an immune reaction to your next baby should your blood mingle with this baby's for any reason. So you will be offered an injection at least once during pregnancy and after birth, most likely Anti-D to help prevent this. If you have any bumps or accidents it is important that you get seen immediately as you might need one of these injections.

It doesn't mean that you are at a higher risk of losing baby or anything like that, it just means you need some extra treatment "just in case".

I'm Rh- too, I'll be going in for my shot next week. I got a shot with all of my pregancies that. From what I've seen it's not a big deal, but the poster above me is correct on what it could mean.
I got a card that I had to carry with me incase I got into a bad accident that said I was Rh- and that I had the Rogam (sp) shot.
My doctor told me that if for whatever reason I had any spotting or pink discharge to come in right away and get the shot early, and they would check on the baby.

I am Rh- also! Totally stressed when they first told me but I feel way better now after I talked to other rh- women and did research about it. It's so biggy :) Just be thankful they have a shot for it now!

Yeah I am rh- too but just going to have a shot at 28 weeks then again after birth.
Basically if the baby is rhesus negative too then you do not need shots but they cannot tell at 28 weeks without doing an invasive amnio so you have to wait until after birth before they can test bubs blood, is your husband positive? if so then its likely baby will be positive too and you will get a shot so you do not have any problems with anitbodies in your system and if you do not get a shot all I was told that its harder to sustain a second or third pregnancy, my great aunty only had one child as she was rehsus negative and they did not test for it back then so she kept losing babies after her first daughter was born and they did not find out until years later it was because her DD was positive and her body kept killing off all the others

Just back from my hospital and found out i'm rhesus negative as well, was a bit worried but from reading these posts sounds like nothing to really worry about just need to be extra careful!!

Arisa was just saying to hubby on the way home that if this was years ago and after this baby we had miscarriages we never would have known why and it could be stopped so easily, must have happened to so many other woman like your great aunt, which is so sad considering its just an injection!!! Really is great what they know these days!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->