• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

blood pressure 140/80

emma4g63

Reaction score
Hi all

Jus been to consultant and blood pressure was 140/80
Booking in was 126/80.she sd not to worry as bottom number fine

And i looked anxious so could be whitecoat symdrome which doc has mentiomed b4 as i always get funny wen bp bein takrm

They make me nervous lol

Urine tesr was fine
Iv never had blood pressure issue b4

Should i worry
Anyone else same xx

I always had high readings at the doctors. I bought a BP machine and tested at home. It was always lower at home. The top number will get higher if you are nervous or do something physical like climbing stairs or brisk walking.

Thanks bunny
I think ill be buyin a home bp machine too
So i can check wen im relaxed
Otherwise ill jus worry

Your pretty much normal though hun that's isn't even high! The diastolic blood pressure is the same and it's this one they usually pay more attention too x

You are actually really good for being pregnant...When pregnant your BP is going to be slightly elevated anyway.. I wouldn't worry. When you do take your BP sit down relax 2 minutes then take it.. Even if you were nervous at the consultant visit ,your BP was still great ..XO <3

As PP have said your result does sound like elevated due to anxiety. If you were active just before it was taken you'd have a similar result. Although it's slightly on the high side there's nothing to worry about. My results during last pregnancy were always much higher during consultant appointments than they were during midwife appointments. I've always mentioned my anxiety at each appointment in case of higher readings.

My doctor at the last appointment said that the correct guideline for taking BP is to have a patient sit relaxed for 15 mins in a quiet room and then take BP. That is why when they take it the first time it can be higher and when they take it later in the appt it usually drops quite a bit. Add in rushing from work to an appointment and anxiety/excitment about if the baby is ok, and you can get a pretty variable result. mine is usually pretty high when I get there up to 150/80 and much closer to normal when I leave the appt 125/80. Let's you know how variable of a reading it is.

And the guidelines for medication or intervention are usually for a BP greater than 150/90 and that would be for a consistent presentation of that number after letting you chill at multiple appointments until of course you get closer to your due date.

My blood pressure with Thomas was always about 120/60, with Sophie it crept up all pregnancy until it was about 145/90 from late 2nd tri. Nothing bad ever came from it and everything was fine.

Thanks ladies

I think its the high blood pressure pre eclmapaia thing but i know is doesmt mean anythin on its own

I think i need to relax lol

I had to spent 8 hours in hospital yesterday because of it

I get very nervous having my blood pressure taken and I was really stressed about work yesterday before my midwife appointment
It was 145/90 when she measured

She sent me in as a precaution. They monitored me for an hour and I absolutely hate hospitals, really scared in them so obviously my blood pressure rocketed especially as I knew they were going to be taking bloods (I have rubbish veins and it always takes them 4/5 stabs to get any)

I kept explaining I was stressed out being in hospital- they wanted to keep me in overnight! Absolute nonsense,
Baby is absolutely fine and my bloods came back perfect so I refused

It had come down to 130/86 in the end. They want me to see my local midwife today for a repeat check- she hasn't phoned me back yet but they don't listen when I say the more anxious I feel about it (like I do today) of course it's going to be high

I ended up with propper high BP at the end of both pregnancies. I was really worried about PE the first time around because my mum had it but never developed into anything but high BP.

Awww cwb hun tht all sounds like a nightmare

I kno exactly wat u mean i get very anxios too
.i kno they have to be cautious but sending u again isnt going to help today xx

I got a call from the community midwife half an hour ago she's popping over in a bit to take my blood pressure at home

That's really nice of them, I do feel better at home. But then in my head I know I'll be praying for it to be lower so that'll probably cause it to go up lol

But can't be any worse then yesterday slept really well last night and know it's now the weekend so I don't have to worry about work for a couple of days

Awwww thats good hun xxx

I ope all is ok xxx

It was still high she took two readings yesterday lowest www 136/86

When I she checked my notes and 16 week apt it was 126/78 so I see why they're concerned but I feel fine in myself

She agreed not to send me back in because everything else is ok but she's coming back Monday- thing is I keep thinking about it so it'll probably be same I've got a few things on my mind at the moment including husband having to change jobs to self employed which isn't good just before Christmas and we won't get any paternity pay at all for him in Feb now when baby gets here

Awwwww jus think its jus same as mine really n loads ppl sayin its ok really xxx

I kno hard not worry about it tho xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"