Blood pressure much higher than normal at first appointment, should I be worried?

Kuro_Aki_Yuki

Reaction score
Usually my blood pressure is around 130/80 or so. I had an appointment to confirm my pregnancy at 13dpo, one day after my first BFP, and my blood pressure was 156/99, the nurse double checked it to make sure, and it went down to 151/99, but my doctor didn't say anything about it. Should I be worried? I was kind of overwhelmed, so I didn't ask him about it, but I'm wishing I would have. I know when I'm sick my blood pressure and pulse usually shoot way up, but it's never been this high before. Isn't it too early to already have my blood pressure going up this much if it's preeclampsia? Or is 156/99 not that worrisome of a number? I just want to have an idea if this is normal before I go bugging my doctor for every little thing.

I think it's normal first appointment can make you anxious etc it's not dangerously high so don't worry xx

I've never had a problem with high blood pressure but on my first appointment my dr said it was higher than normal and asked me if I was just anxious and I said yes, so he wasn't concerned :)

Maybe give your doctor a ring and ask Hun? I'm sure if the doctor was worried about it though he would have mentioned it or made a follow up appointment for you. The chances of preeclampsia at like 4-5 weeks are slim to none. It can happen in any stage of pregnancy but usually it's after 20 weeks and even more common after 30. I developed it at around 38 weeks in my sons pregnancy. It wouldn't just be one episode of high blood pressure, but continuously high blood pressure as well as protein in your urine. I'm sure if you were just nervous about your appointment then that's what caused the rise in your blood pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->