Blood pressure

clarsair

Reaction score
Just over a week ago my bp went up from it's usual 110/70 to 135/90, I've been having it checked every couple of days and for the past week it's settled at 120/80 (so still a bit high for me). Everything else has been perfectly fine. My midwife has now said that if it's still the same next week (when I'll be 37 weeks) they'll support my plans for a homebirth but if it goes up again over the next few weeks or during labour they would want me to deliver in hospital (they've always been very clear that it's ultimately my choice though). Does anybody have any advice/techniques that I could use both over the next few weeks and during labour to give myself the best chance of staying relaxed and maintaining my bp? I have a week left in work so I'm hoping finishing that will make a difference and I have a hypnobirthing book and relaxation CD that I use but feel a could be doing a bit more.

Any advice much appreciated!

Cayenne pepper (which you can get in capsules or as a tincture) is known to be a great regulator of blood pressure. Hope this helps! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->