Blood pressure!

Misskitty10

Reaction score
I had my 34wk mw app today and she took my bp & said yep it's fine, I've just looked at my notes and it was 98/66 seems quite low compared to all my others 110/80 126/76 etc

Is this too low? I looked online sone say it's a bit low and some say it's too low!? I can't see why she would say it's fine if it wasn't though? Do u think I need to go to my gp or just wait till my next app in 2 weeks time?

it does look a bit too low but maybe it's normal in pregnancy to go this low, not sure

my blood pressure pre-pregnancy & last pregnancy was always around 110 / 70. this pregnancy, it's been 90 / 50, so significantly lower. my midwife is quite happy with this, better low than high. i have had times when i've felt dizzy & fainted, but for the most part it's not had any adverse effect. it was last checked yesterday at my 36 week appointment & was 90 / 50. the only times it's been higher is when i've had to have blood taken or an anti-d injection.

xx

Don't worry too much.
Mine has consistently been 88/60 or thereabouts and doc not worried.
Much better to have low than high at this stage x

With all three of my past pregnancies it was that low and lower sometimes. My Dr. said its a good thing just need to be careful sometimes due to dizziness and fainting (Which I have done in past pregnancies) This pregnancy is borderline high so we have to keep an eye on it (Which is very odd for me.)

Usually low blood pressure isn't a problem unless it causes anything like fainting/dIzziness. Like others say it's better low than high. My blood pressure has ranges from 90/60 to 115/70. Doctors aim for everyone's blood pressure to be about 120/80, but this varies alot from person to person xxxxx

Hi hun, im usually always 124/90, preg or not, at my last appt mine was 94/50.. My mw said it was fine too.. Maybe the only worry about high bp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->