Blood sugar highs and lows

ilovebaboo

Reaction score
Hi, I am 34 + 3 and for the last 10 days have been getting really bad blood sugar lows - hypoglyceamia I believe. It seems to be getting worse now and last night it woke me up and I had to eat loads of sugary dried fruit. It makes me feel really ill, and yet we have a healthy diet.

I don't think its gestational diabetes as I read that is blood sugar highs (but I may be wrong?).
Anyone know any more? Midwife on Friday, but not sure if I should move appt. forward?

Thanks

hey i have actual diabetes and am pregnant :)
its sounds like G.D
because with diabetes if your sugar is too low you need something to boost it and it can make sickness etc worse! and concentration and is very danegrous if untreated
and you can also get high sugars too , this can be controlled by diet . but in some cases insulin :)

i would go to boots and buy a home blood testing kit , they are perfectly safe :) i have had diabetes since i was 9 years old ( type one which is insulin controlled) i have 4 injections a day .... anyway test before each mean and maybe before sugary snacks!

it should be between 4 and 7
if it is in its teens then call the midwife etc :) ( only if its constant)

anything below 4 is considered a low blood sugar and you should eat a snack like a bowl of cereal :)

need any more advice just ask

hoep your ok xx

I could have high blood sugar levels and have hypo symptoms. Because GD makes your body resistant to insulin, you can have a high blood sugar level but none of it is actually getting to the cells to be used as energy. Due to that I had high levels of ketones in my urine that was irritating my uterus causing contractions, that lasted from 33 weeks till my c section at 37 weeks.

So if you are worried, request a GTT or speak to your midwife.

I'm not sure. I only get real hypos when I'm on insulin. I've always been sensitive to blood sugar fluctuations when not pregnant, but when I felt like the blood sugar was very low I checked it with my moms meter and it wasn't really low. But if you're concerned you could always have it checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->